Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Only in Vegas.

M

MichelP

Last couples of weeks I was in Las Vegas and I got to hop in a brand new vette and and kick it's a$$. GM has a site there where you can try a vette or other GM products like the Solstice ans SSR and also a Cadillac with a Vette engine in it. In the middle of the course there was a little circuit where you could twist and bent some hummers. All that for 10$ for 2 runs with any cars.
So of course I could'nt resist and made 2 runs with a blue 06 vette 6 spds. You get to the starting line and when the guy from GM gives you the green light you just hammer the thing. Course is in a parking lot so you can only shift to 2nd gear and mostly stay there but man can this thing can run.

just in case here's the official GM site
http://www.thedrivevegas.com/

I hope this works out and translates into more interest in GM.

So, how fast can you go in 2nd gear?

to be honest with you I didn't check the speedo altho it had those speedometers reflected in the windshield (I shurely dont have that in the 72 lol). I couldn't get it in 3rd b cause the course was too short and lots of curves.

GM is having a regional meeting here in Vegas this week and next. They will be unvieling some new cars at the Sands Expo and Convention Center. At least they have 3 cars under covers and guards posted around them 24/7. I am trying daily to sneek a peek but they are very carefully watching these things, whatever they are. I will let you know if it is anything we here at CAC would be interested in. Not going to do anything that would lose my job though.

GM is having a regional meeting here in Vegas this week and next. They will be unvieling some new cars at the Sands Expo and Convention Center. At least they have 3 cars under covers and guards posted around them 24/7. I am trying daily to sneek a peek but they are very carefully watching these things, whatever they are. I will let you know if it is anything we here at CAC would be interested in. Not going to do anything that would lose my job though.

Cool, please keep us posted.

I'm a sucker for 24/7 guarded cars under cover thing. :D Hope it's worth the guards pay.

The guy on "Fifth Gear" started in second and got up to 160m.p.h. without shifting again.

I knew it had some kind of "gear" in it. Yep, that's the one.

Oh well, second, fifth, same difference. You get old like me, and you will start confusing these things also. lol

The mystery of the cars under the covers was solved. They were a 67 and a 69 Camaro and the new 09 Camaro waiting to do the floor show they put on last night for the Chevrolet dealers. Very impressive show, the crowd of dealers went nuts. The 09 up close and personal is a very impressive car. When it comes to market it supposed to be extremely close to the prototype. If this is the case you can put my name down on the waiting list. I'll buy one for the wife.

The mystery of the cars under the covers was solved. They were a 67 and a 69 Camaro and the new 09 Camaro waiting to do the floor show they put on last night for the Chevrolet dealers. Very impressive show, the crowd of dealers went nuts. The 09 up close and personal is a very impressive car. When it comes to market it supposed to be extremely close to the prototype. If this is the case you can put my name down on the waiting list. I'll buy one for the wife.

Very good, thank you for the follow up.

I wish they would get that car out before the '09 MY. I think I just about have the wife sold on a new Camaro. I guess this gives me a couple of years to strengthen my position.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom