Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinions...has this car been wrecked?

S

SurfnSun

orig_DSC08328.JPG

orig_DSC08315.JPG

Notice the spacing between the door and hood.

ET-Viper, whats your take?

Looks to me like someone removed the hood (possibly to do some serious engine work) and did not adjust it properly when reinstalling.

SAVE THE :w

YES IT HAD FRONT END DAMAGE.
WHEN LOOKED AT IT LAST SUMMER IT HAD JUST GOT REPAINTED.I LOOK AT THE FRAME BEST I COULD AND DID NOT SEE ANYTHING.
I THINK ITS FINE I WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT.
THE THING THAT SEEMS ODD IS THE GUY I TALKED TO HAD IT ON EBAY.WANTED TOO MUCH AND IT DID NOT SELL.TRIED TO TALK MONEY WITH THE GUY BUT WHEN HE FOUND OUT I HAD A B2K HE WOULD NOT TALK ANYMORE.
IT SHOWWED UP IN THE PAPER LATER AND THE ADD SAID IT HAD A CRACK OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON THE BODY.
I CAN GO BY AND LOOK AGIN FOR ANYONE.IT JUST NOT AS EASY AS BEFORE.THE GUY WHO HAS IT NOW IS NORTH SIDE OF CITY.

STEVE

Not sure if it's normal on an Aerobody car, but the door handles have been painted too...

Factory lines are much better than that. C-4's are very difficult to repair compared to C-3's or C-5's and wouldn't attempt unless you have experience or very experienced tech. My white car was a factory official car and has very good gaps. Expect that #59 will meet same specs when finished. :)

Not sure if it's normal on an Aerobody car, but the door handles have been painted too...
Should not have been painted. If you look close at the door, the upper and lower are different colors. The hood and gill are also different. The mirrors have to go!:puke

Factory lines are much better than that. C-4's are very difficult to repair compared to C-3's or C-5's and wouldn't attempt unless you have experience or very experienced tech. My white car was a factory official car and has very good gaps. Expect that #59 will meet same specs when finished. :)
Actually C1's,C2's and C3's are the Real Bears to get panels aligned before Bonding!!! C4's, C5's, and C6's are a Piece of Cake!!!They have allot more adjustment,That car just needs someone to adjust everything RIGHT,and learn how to match paint!!!:upthumbs :D PS The Mirrors,Them need to be Stuck where the sun don't Shine!!!:D :D

attachment.php

I agree gmjunkie, that panels are easier, which makes light damage easy. Problem is when inner structure gets damaged and has to be properly repaired and returned to factory appearance, especially cowl, front frame rails and hood latch supports. Twist or diamond can sometimes fool you. Takes very good laser alignment equipment. C-1, C-2 & C-3 body panel repair always seemed like doing a jig saw puzzle on verticle surface. :rotfl As much as I love the clamshell it is one big body panel to deal with. The other problem with C-4's is the great amount of small parts used. Techs I know love the C-5 & C-6 body panel repair sometimes hate the electronic gremlins. :mad :beer

Problem is when inner structure gets damaged and has to be properly repaired and returned to factory appearance, especially cowl, front frame rails and hood latch supports. Twist or diamond can sometimes fool you. Takes very good laser alignment equipment.
Yeah a lazier system is nice, but if you have 3-4 different guys using it they can be more trouble than there worth keeping calibrated!!!! I use the Mitchel books and tram gages with a MM tape!!! I can get them with in 1 MM and the factory gives you at least 2-6 depending where it's at,it just takes me longer!! 1 MM is 39/1000th's,if it's that close I can get the alignments No Problem!!!!!:upthumbs

Notice the spacing between the door and hood.

ET-Viper, whats your take?

I actually came VERY close to buying this car. So, close that I was headed up to take a final look and drive it home. We did negotiate a price (much, much lower then what it's currently be offered at. However, there were several things that the current owner told me that made me change my mind. One being that the front did have damage and that his repair guy fixed it at which time the car was repainted.

I believe he also mentioned that the car would not go WOT, he suspected the fuel pump may have been going out... who knows, I'm very happy with my "SILVER BULLIT".

FS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom