Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opinions Wanted on Windshield Graphic

Which graphic should I get?

• 40th Corvette

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 40th Anniversary

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • 40th 1953 -1993

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Graphic

Votes: 35 85.4%

• Total voters
T

Topless_Ruby

I recently purchased my first Corvette. A 1993 40th Anniversary Convertible
(Man what a rush!)
The previous owner has paid for a windshield graphic for the car.
"40th Corvette" with the 40th being the special 40th anniversary logo.
When the first graphic was produced they made it with the wrong font, it was supposed to be made with the same font as the Corvette lettering across the back of the car.
(By the way anyone know what the name of that font is?)

I have been rethinking what it should or should not say.
Please let me know your thoughts.
TR:lou
attachment.php

Being from MN myself I know that the only legal thing that can be applied to the windshield is a state park sticker. I know this because I have attempted twice to have a windshiled graphic applied to the upper part of the windshield. I was stopped by law enforcement officers both times and was given a warning to get the stickers removed.

However, I have seen automobiles that come from the factory or conversion places with some kind of sticker on the winshield.:confused:confused:confused

The closest font I have found is VENUS RISING.

i believe this is the correct font for 93 corvettes.

:w
Thanks,
That looks right, I may be able to cut, color and paste that into the display board I'm working on.

The closest font I have found is VENUS RISING.

Also thanks to toms94 for pointing me to the Venus Rising font, that is very close.
It will probably work out very well for the rest of the printing on the display board.

TR:Steer

It took awhile but I was able to locate this web address from an old CAC thread concerning Corvette fonts.

Click Me

The Corvette file is at the bottom of the page and it contains 2 fonts -

Handel Gothic BT and Venus Rising

Here's an image of both:

Sample_Fonts.GIF

Hope this helps.
:wJane Ann

corvette logo part 2, things to consider

topless_ruby, attached is a pdf file that shows what the decal will look like on your vette, however there are some things to consider before you make a decision. applying a decal to your windshield may not comply to your local vehicle codes and you might be subject to local fines and made to remove it from your car, as suggested by victory red c6. also i am showing a white decal on the windshield, if you decide to apply it anyway, I would suggest you use 3M FROSTED CRYSTAL. this has the appearance of an etched look. Also keep in mind that you may have trapped air bubbles while applying and should be left to a professional, any trapped air bubbles will eventually crack and cause the vinyl to start delaminating, also, repeated washings will eventually start curling up the sharp corners of the decal and that will cause chipping of the letters and logo. there are some pretty small elements in the logo that will be effected first. also because of the curve in the windshield the graphic has to be set-up to follow the arc, if not it will not show right. i hope this helps in your decision, personally i agree with the poll as not to do this, but it's your car.
good luck,
joe v.
p.s. the fonts posted by xlr8 may look similar but are not correct.

Sorry - I neglected to point out that the downloadable font is SIMILAR to Corvette font. It's stated on the webpage so it's my mistake - not the provider's.

Joe, can you tell us the correct font name? I'd love to have it for my font folder.

:wJane Ann

HELLO XLR8,
there is no defining fonts for corvettes, gm goes to great pains to safeguard thier brand, each logo and the "corvette" name are copywrited to protect the brand. having said that i would like to add that the 40th logo and corvette letters that i have posted is for referance only and not for any capital gain without expressed permission from gm.
i have produce a facsimile to be used to help a fellow corvette enthusiast decide if he wants a decal for his vette and not for general use.
this may seem silly posting the above disclaimer, but gm takes it very seriously.

the fonts you have posted are similar but not correct and should not be used in any branding of the corvette name.

joe v.

i hope this helps in your decision, personally i agree with the poll as not to do this, but it's your car.
good luck,
joe v.

Joe,
Great job on the PDF of the 93 convert with the graphic applied.
Thanks

The graphic and lettering were bought from a profesional shop and paid for by the previous owner before I bought the car. It was never applied because the "Corvette" was done in the wrong font. The car would have been brought back to the shop to be profesionaly applied.
But of course my mind then started coming up with other options for the lettering, "Anniversary" Etc...
(No need to tell the world it's a Corvette on the windshield, If people can't figure that out then they deserve to be kept in the dark.)

I think I agree with the way the poll is going as to not putting anything on the car/windshield both from the standpoint of keeping the looks of the car clean and not wanting any hassle from the local authorities. I do like the "Frosted Crystal" Idea though, sounds interesting.

The 40th graphic was done very well and looks great. Not sure yet what I'll do with it yet, might use it on the display board I'm creating for the car or have them finish the graphic and put it on a sign to put over Ruby's parking spot in the garage.

As to fonts I found all kinds of free fonts at Myfonts.com Including the Venus Rising font. The web site also has a place where you can upload a picture of a word and it will try to find the closest font.
Just checked and the free fonts are kind of hard to find from the main page
Try here

Leave such things to the ricers. You have a Vette, it speaks for itself.

You own a vehicle that speaks volumes all by itself.
Since it's not a C5R, why clutter it up with something that overstates the obvious?
Leave the decals to the tuner-set.

Thanks for all the feedback

I guess everyone here just reinforced what I was already thinking. That "Ruby" looks great just the way she is.
(Not to mention the legal standpoint)

I'll just have to tack the graphic onto the wall of the garage once I get done fixing it up.

Once again, thanks for all the feedback everyone. :w

I guess everyone here just reinforced what I was already thinking. That "Ruby" looks great just the way she is.
(Not to mention the legal standpoint)

I'll just have to tack the graphic onto the wall of the garage once I get done fixing it up.

Once again, thanks for all the feedback everyone. :w

attachment.php

Glad you chose to leave the graphic off. Ruby looks great just the way she is.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom