Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Opti Spark crisis

jjones

Corvette
1992 black coupe, six speed
Help! Need to make a quick decision on replacing the opti mess. Looking at Dynaspark - crimminies doesn't anyone discount this part? Any opinions before I take the plunge? Gotta give it up tomorrow.

Thanks - I visited the site but got the old - no match found - when I searched their products for optispark distributor and DynaSpark.

Oh I've definitely been on their site - I was just looking for a discounter but I am finding out on another site that there is no such animal. Gotta pay the big bucks. :cry Thanks

I think you will be surprised with the quality of the DynaSpark and pleased with the product. I believe this is a true case of "ya get what you pay for". Good luck looking for a discounter......I never found one

When it comes to electrical things, I would suggest sticking with GM stuff. I learned that the hard way. :cry

Jughead said:
I think you will be surprised with the quality of the DynaSpark and pleased with the product. I believe this is a true case of "ya get what you pay for". Good luck looking for a discounter......I never found one
I tried to get a discount from them but they are overwhelmed with orders, so its a case of suppy and demand.

jjones said:
Help! Need to make a quick decision on replacing the opti mess. Looking at Dynaspark - crimminies doesn't anyone discount this part? Any opinions before I take the plunge? Gotta give it up tomorrow.
No matter what you decide I would hope it is your plan to upgrade to a vented 94-96 system!

Randy Eads said:
No matter what you decide I would hope it is your plan to upgrade to a vented 94-96 system!
Thanks but is this compatible with a '92 setup? Or is there a cam replacement necessary.

The Dynotech opti for an 92-94 LT1 IS vented and requires only minor hook-up mods. No cam or timing cover changes if you tell them what you have. That's one of the beauties of this unit. It comes with everything you need and even has a new coil pigtail. IMHO this unit definitely is better built than the GM rig and comes highly recommended. I believe in OEM parts probably more than most but I had to ask myself "If GM's opti is so good why am I replacing one at 29K?" I'll bet it's the last opti you buy for your car. Do yourself a favor......check it out.

Let us know what you think about the DynaSpark when you get it and your opinion after it's installed.

Jughead said:
Let us know what you think about the DynaSpark when you get it and your opinion after it's installed.

Yeah, update us please!

Thumbs Up

Well now thanks for asking. Other than the fact that it starts up everytime - I don't know how else to measure my level of satisfaction.

Of course I only had it up and running a couple of weeks when the master and slave went....story of my life! Hey - people still stop me and ask to buy the Vette so I'm not complaining.

On another note, I did finally manage to free up the mast by spraying what little was exposed with Break Free - a product for gun cleaning. Worked like a charm.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom