Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Orange Peel on 07 C6

S

starvin4speed

My white C6 vert has major orange peel. My salesman says this is common and is covered under warranty. Should I get this fixed, or live with it?

Orange peel

On my Atomic Orange it fits right in. After my plant tour and seeing how the panels are painted I belive that I can I live with it. besides that I paid $750.00 extra for the Atomic Orange peel. :rotfl

Orange peel is a NO-COST option on most GM vehicles. I've never had a Vette without it.;shrug

Really sad when you see a $13k Honda Civic with better paint quality! :hb

LMB on mine has it alot,also.Lots of wax and ZAINO make it shine,though!
REJEX!

06JUN2007beachvette005.jpg

Whats their fix? Or should I say WHO is wet sanding it, them or the professional of your choice? If latter get it fixed.

My new truck had a better paint job than my vette, very sad, I wet sand some of my vette myself and smoothed it right out

You should be happy with your crappy paint job. :D I've heard of people paying 10k to 20k for a professional paint job on their late 50's to early 60's Vette. Then later having it stripped for a worse paint job so it would look factory and pass inspection.

:beer

They Know

At the Vettes over the Rockies event this year, one of the factory execs. in attendance was asked about this very problem by an owner of 3 C-6's. The response was that they knew of the problem, return the car to the dealer for a warranty fix (in his case it was a light sand/buff job that made little improvement) but if you complain enough you might get a repaint.

More importantly, he also said they have noticed that the paint on the flat surfaces such as the hood, roof and deck do not have as bad orange peel and said they were in the process of changing how they will paint the cars in the future. They will paint the finders and doors laying flat before install. Has anyone noticed any improvement in the newer cars? Guess they haven't made the productioin change yet... ya think?:confused

I would not worry about it, the more you wash, polish, wax, and wipe off your finish the less you will see.

I'm sure Corvette must be more picky than the Truck Plant, I've just retired :) and as far as I'm concerened GM quit worrying about paint defects about 10yrs ago unless it's really bad the vehical gets bought off on the "care line"..employees write the defects up and the supervision "buy's em off" so it gets fixed at the dealer or it's the owners fault when he drives off the lot (dents etc.). I advise anyone buying a new vehical to inspect it REALLY good before leaving the dealership!

All they are going to do is wet sand w/1500 paper and buff it back out.. what's the big deal ? if it's done right the car is going to look great.. wish i could go back and get my atomic orange done but my looks good . w/ your color being white, that's a easy fix

Any orange is better than none (though DSOM is best).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom