Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Order "Pick"

L

luckyj

My dealer today said my order for my 2003 Coupe had not been picked yet, but probably would be next week. What does being "picked" mean and what is the average time between being picked and delivery. Thanks.

Jim

He may be referring to his dealerships allocation list. A buddy of mine is waiting for his dealers allocation on his 50th Anniversary Convertible. It may be best to call and ask him directly. ;help

Even after it's ordered, the factory has to "pick-up" the order.
If I told you the whole saga on my order..........Jan. 28th....and still don't have a car....you'd probably puke.
GM routinely builds and ships vehicles to "inventory".....dealers lots, rather than shipping to a "paying customer".
FACT....not fiction.
Good Luck....my 03 supposedly here soon. :)

Hi BWP 5,
You're dealer has the ability to give you the "Event Code" (EV) of your order. Ask (or better get a print-out of this) for the status of your order. If the EV is less than 3000, it is still in question. If the EV is 3000 to < 3400, then it is "silly putty", the order exists, but not set in stone. EV 3400 is good, production is highly probable. EV 3800 and above, get the check book ready. This si what I've been able to find out, The EV # is the most important number at this time.

I talked to my dealer and he said my Event Code (EV) was 2050. The order went in on 6/17! I made a couple of changes since it had not been picked yet since the dealer said this would not lose my place in the que. Could it be that by making a change on 6/29, that I set myself back? I added the magnetic ride control.

The dealer knew I was very upset. I told him I was not interested in getting the Vette when it was Thanksgiving. I told him to either get it here by the end of Sept. or to cancel the order. My GM Supplier Discount expires 9/30.

This is very frustrating.

Jim

I originally ordered an 02 on 1/28 ! Found out on 4/18 for the 1st time that they would not build me an 02!
03 date is 8/5. Lets see....@ 145 / day X 13 days = about 1800 to go ! Sure wish the dealer and I could start discussing the final damage !

Thanks for the tip on the "event code" familyman. I can assure you this has been the most frustrating attempt at spending $47K on a Chevy !
It's like I have been an inconvienience, rather than a customer, and I don't mean just the dealer !!!!!

This is a very easy problem to correct. Place your order with a dealer that has a large allocation. Problem solved.:)

Right on, Rick

I have to agree. Our local dealer couldn't get a used vette and has only sold one vette in two years. I asked him about the 2003 50th and he said he only gets 1 and he thinks it is sold. (he thinks ) I asked him about ordering one and he just looked at the floor and shook his head. He then started asking me if I was interested in the new Monte Carlo (he knew he was dead in the water). I drove over to Tom Gill Chevrolet and he not only had more than 10 new vettes, he had several 99-01s, Z06s and a few C4s. Ordering from them was no problem. We settled on our 99, but a good dealer can get you what you want.
--Drew:w

$9000 down......$300 / MO for $47.5K car ?????
Lease or Smart BUY ?????
You'll have MY interest!

Whaaaaa?

That doesn't add up, unless this is a lease with a HUGE balloon payment.

BTW--where in hoosierland? I'm in Aurora, IN.
--Drew:w

BWP5, You do not have to go to a high allotment dealer to get your 'Vette fast or to get a great deal. After shopping everything I could find from Indiana to New Jersey to Florida, I ordered mine from a dealer who has only two Corvette allotments per year. He knocked the socks off of every dealer I talked with in person/over the phone/via the net on price too. I talked with him in late December. He told me he had an allotment coming up for a car that would be built in March or April. When he actually received notice he could place his order for that allotment, I ordered the car on 1/21/02. My baby was born on 3/7/02, tested for emissions, etc. on 3/12/02 and delivered to the dealer and me direct from Bowling Green on 3/19/02. That's pretty good service for a 'Vette I think. On another thread on this forum, the date GM furnished for changeover from '02 to '03 orders was published. I don't remember the date, but I'm pretty sure it was well after 1/28/02. All dealers were notified well in advance. If you placed your order before the published date, you should have received delivery by now unless there are some shenanigans taking place that I haven't heard of. There is always the chance the dealer did not have an allotment at the time he took your order and had to wait to place the order with GM upon receipt of the actual allocation. He should have furnished you a printout from his PC showing the order submission to GM with an identification code and every option, etc. you ordered on it and an 800 phone number you could call to check the status of your order with GM on the same day you placed your order.

Please don't judge all dealers or GM by one dealer. Good luck on your 'Vette and I hope you find it to be worth the wait. In the meantime, I'd be in touch with the dealer and GM to find out exactly what went wrong. You should end up with an '03 at a 1/28/02 price as prices are locked in as of the date of submission of the order unless the order is subsequently changed. :D

Thanks Jim..........and that's where the rub comes in. When I ordered the car, there was a $2002 rebate in effect....and since then, the base price went up about $1100 on the 02's!
I've been dealing with this dealer for 26 years.....and I sincerely hope they aren't going to do anything goofy! My company spent about $15K in their body shop last summer....and I just dumped in about $4K of my own doing work on my 95 Z-28 (turned crank and new brngs @ 64K miles !) , and Blazer. I know he "quoted" me a heck of a deal....but then again.......I've e-mailed Kurt Ritter, Rick Wagner, Rick Baldick, and Customer Assistance trying to get answers....and they all talk in circles. One guy told me "you need to go to a larger metropolitan area". This in spite of Mr. Ritter saying "we aren't just here for the big urban mega-dealers, but the small town dealers as well. That's what made Chevrolet." On March 19th they told me "your order was received and accepted". As a normal individual, I figured that meant they would actually build me a car. Not so......Mr. Baldick later told me "accepted means the order was transmitted and received sucessfully in an on-line environment" !!!!!
What do you think GM would say if I worked for a company that "accepted" an order and then didn't deliver ?

I'm waiting on my 03....and I'm going to pay what I think is a fair price! The issue of the rebate has NOT been resolved. GM chose to build inventory, rather than deliver a vehicle to a customer that was waiting to purchase a car. Somehow that doesn't seem real practical to me. They built almost 19,000 cars after mine was ordered on 1/28! :(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom