Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Ordering a New Grand Sport

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.
I agree that a clutch pedal is needed with a manual transmission.:L

I'm thinking about Z06 or ZR-1 when I make Captain. :D

light silve paint with a white GS stripe...
Blade silver is what it's called. With white GS stripes, it's going to be BRIGHT! Did you get the "Heretage package?"
Post a pic when you get it.

Also, you might want to remove fuse #10. It is located on the very bottom row in the right column. (This fuse box is located in the passenger's foot well, just pull the carpet back from the fire wall and you'll see.) This will leave your NPP flaps in the open position. Everyone tries it so you might as well too! Easy to reinstall after to hear your exhaust system for the first time.

I have pulled my fuse and left it out. Cheaper than the "Mild to Wild" accessory. I had bought that for the Z06 and always left it in the open position anyway. It sounds great in my humble opinion. The GS has a lot more popping than the Z06 had on deceleration.

Talking to a dealer today about ordering a 2010 GS. He is quoting me 20 weeks lead time after I place the order! Today is March 27th and that means delivery would be August 13th. Help me understand this; doesn't Bowling Green shut down about June to retool for the new models? Is this guy blowing smoke or is Corvette really running at 20 weeks?
Thanks...Al

Sounds like he doesn't have an allocation. The country is awash in Vettes, including the GS. Go get one!!!!! :Steer

:wLet your mouse find one.
Most dealers dont want to "share" vettes, so you have to find your own.
You will have to do some driving but that's the name of the game.:pat

BTW good luck and enjoy your new ride.:beer

Hubbard Chevrolete in Monticello, Indiana has at least 5 sitting on his lot as we speak all are marked down to the $54,000 range!!! You can do a search on google for his website.

:thumb

Talking to a dealer today about ordering a 2010 GS. He is quoting me 20 weeks lead time after I place the order! Today is March 27th and that means delivery would be August 13th. Help me understand this; doesn't Bowling Green shut down about June to retool for the new models? Is this guy blowing smoke or is Corvette really running at 20 weeks?
Thanks...Al

Blade silver is what it's called. With white GS stripes, it's going to be BRIGHT! Did you get the "Heretage package?"
Post a pic when you get it.

Also, you might want to remove fuse #10. It is located on the very bottom row in the right column. (This fuse box is located in the passenger's foot well, just pull the carpet back from the fire wall and you'll see.) This will leave your NPP flaps in the open position. Everyone tries it so you might as well too! Easy to reinstall after to hear your exhaust system for the first time.

Yes that's right is is called Blade Silver, thanks. And yes I checked option Z15 the GS Heritage Package. It includes the GS Stripe - 4 color choices available - two tone leather seats and embroidery head restraints.
It is still scheduled to be here on the 17th, 6 days from now. I stopped at the dealer today to see if there was any tracking info on the trip out here. They are clueless, it shows up when it shows up...
I'll send pictures... Al

I'll remove fuse #10 and see what it sounds like.

The dealer called me today and said the GS had arrived! The build and ship date was 5/4/10 and the arrival date is today 5/12/10. As mentioned above by NORTY it came on a truck from Bowling Green in 6 working days, unbelievable. I told them to call me before they touched and they did, so I went over there and saw it and took some pictures. I'll try and attach some of them. They would not let me take it home as it needs to be 'dealer serviced'. This apparently is checking fluid levels, washing it, cleaning the road dirt and installing the GS stripe.
I did start it and sit in it. The smell of a new car is beyond description, pure sex... I let it run for 15 minutes while I listened to it. On start up the exhaust is loud but the NPP system quickly reduced the noise. Oil pressure was 60 psi on the analog gauge at idle RPM and I let the coolant temps reach 212 degrees. Throttle response seemed slower than my LT4. The LS3 is throttle by wire I believe where the LT4 is direct cable connected and this may have something to do with the quickness of throttle response. The front air dam is removed and in a sack inside the car. My guess is getting it on and off of a truck there is a lack of clearance problem with the dam installed so it is a dealer installed item.
The wide fenders are needed as the tires are wide, very wide. I thought the tires on my 94 ZR1 were wide but these are frankly massive in width. I hope the ride quality is acceptable as wide tires and be problematic.
All in the entire car looks stellar and I will put 600+ miles on it in the next few days. I'll report as to the handling of it soon.
Al

The dealer called me today and said the GS had arrived! The build and ship date was 5/4/10 and the arrival date is today 5/12/10. As mentioned above by NORTY it came on a truck from Bowling Green in 6 working days, unbelievable. I told them to call me before they touched and they did, so I went over there and saw it and took some pictures. I'll try and attach some of them. They would not let me take it home as it needs to be 'dealer serviced'. This apparently is checking fluid levels, washing it, cleaning the road dirt and installing the GS stripe.
I did start it and sit in it. The smell of a new car is beyond description, pure sex... I let it run for 15 minutes while I listened to it. On start up the exhaust is loud but the NPP system quickly reduced the noise. Oil pressure was 60 psi on the analog gauge at idle RPM and I let the coolant temps reach 212 degrees. Throttle response seemed slower than my LT4. The LS3 is throttle by wire I believe where the LT4 is direct cable connected and this may have something to do with the quickness of throttle response. The front air dam is removed and in a sack inside the car. My guess is getting it on and off of a truck there is a lack of clearance problem with the dam installed so it is a dealer installed item.
The wide fenders are needed as the tires are wide, very wide. I thought the tires on my 94 ZR1 were wide but these are frankly massive in width. I hope the ride quality is acceptable as wide tires and be problematic.
All in the entire car looks stellar and I will put 600+ miles on it in the next few days. I'll report as to the handling of it soon.
Al
Don't forget to pull the exhaust flap fuse. (Of course, you'll discover DRONE, but ya gotta at least try it.)
You're right about throttle response, all the C6's are quite lazy with this. It can be helped slightly with tuning, but don't bother destroying your warranty just yet.

About the LS3~
It is a super efficient platform.
The heads flow really well for a stock set up.
The LS3 uses heads that are similar to the LS7. The ports are rectangular and flow well.
This engine REALLY wakes up when it's allowed to breathe. A lot more than other engines of similar size.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions after your 600 mile jaunt.:thumb

Al

Congrats and enjoy. Can't wait to hear your impressions and pix. I know what you mean about the tires. :cool

Make sure to :w

I think you are going to love the ride quality. My GS is a LOT better than my 90 ZR1 and a little better than the 07 Z06. Congrats.

I have 70 miles on it and we're headed to the wine country this morning. It is I-90 from Seattle via Snoqualmie Pass to Yakima and further east, 200+ miles each way. My initial thoughts are the GS is quick, as in responsive. Unlike the big tires on the ZR1 that would grab the ruts in the road with the GS I am much more in control and it knows where the road is and follows it. No following the ruts, just point it and it goes there. Under 4,000 rpm it behaves a lot like an LT4, the break-in procedure on the LS3 calls for fewer than 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles or no and I have yet to see anything over that. I have put the hammer down and it pulls hard but I've limited it to 4,000 RPM. The exhaust opens up and starts to talk to you at 2,500 RPM, I have not remove the fuse for continues noise yet. I brought it home, washed, dried it and put the cover on it in the garage. I'm pinching my self to be certain I'm alive... I took some pictures and have them up on my computer but have yet to determine how to get them on this site. I flew combat missions while in the military over Vietnam but dealing with computers is frankly above my pay grade... Al

You Should Get Your Own Blog

:wManagement is government too!!!:boogie
The worker is caught in a squeeze play!
IMHO - seems to me that the govt is doing its best to kill off any "luxury" US brands. What they want is a non polluting mini car. Albeit at a high price.
I certainly have not seen a Corvette ad in years.
Once they said it was because they sold every one produced, now what's the excuse?? Of course it's cost savings.

Unbelievable on so many levels.
Remo:cool

Why even compare the C6 to the C4. This isn't a knock on C4's, I had one but the jump from C4 to C5 was enormous. That was a revolutionary jump and the C6 is an even further jump from the C4. I know you may have some sentimental value in that old LT4 but how can it compete on any level with your new GS?

Above your pay grade? I think 6 Shooter can help you with that one, he might have worn a bar and he's great at posting pictures. ;LOL

I might take a look at a GS today, guy from a dealership keeps calling me. Even though it's an easy answer for us, I asked him what trim package and he actually knew. Most have the ;shrug on their face.

I have 70 miles on it and we're headed to the wine country this morning. It is I-90 from Seattle via Snoqualmie Pass to Yakima and further east, 200+ miles each way. My initial thoughts are the GS is quick, as in responsive. Unlike the big tires on the ZR1 that would grab the ruts in the road with the GS I am much more in control and it knows where the road is and follows it. No following the ruts, just point it and it goes there. Under 4,000 rpm it behaves a lot like an LT4, the break-in procedure on the LS3 calls for fewer than 4,000 RPM for the first 500 miles or no and I have yet to see anything over that. I have put the hammer down and it pulls hard but I've limited it to 4,000 RPM. The exhaust opens up and starts to talk to you at 2,500 RPM, I have not remove the fuse for continues noise yet. I brought it home, washed, dried it and put the cover on it in the garage. I'm pinching my self to be certain I'm alive... I took some pictures and have them up on my computer but have yet to determine how to get them on this site. I flew combat missions while in the military over Vietnam but dealing with computers is frankly above my pay grade... Al

Sounds like you and the new girl are getting well acquainted. Brings back memories of my first few drives. Drive it like you stole it and...

Remember the :w

Unbelievable on so many levels.
Remo:cool

When an issue is hard to understand or it just is too difficult to express in one syllable words - blame the "government.":upthumbs

Which trans did you order?

I'm sorry if anybody likes the automatics but to me a Corvette without a clutch is like a marriage withouut sex, why go there? I have the 6 speed manual coming. Also it has both tops, indoor cover, nav package, dual mode exhaust, 3LT interior, light silve paint with a white GS stripe... I did not order the chrome wheels as I thought the painted silver color of the standard wheels looks good - time will tell. Both wheels are nice but the chrome wheels were another $2K.
My 96 Collector's Edition is silver also - so now I'll have two silver Vettes. I'm in the middle of building a new garage with a hoist here at home to keep them in.

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

I agree with your anaylgy on the transmission :L You will truly enjoy the GS. I have an 08 Z51, 3lt. The LS3 is a screamer especially with the NPP, the chrome wheels really finish it off. I'm in Bowling Green everyday, love driving em, and enjoy seeing them out and about everday of the year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom