Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Ordering a New Grand Sport

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.
[/QUOTE]

I agree with your anaylgy on the transmission :L You will truly enjoy the GS. I have an 08 Z51, 3lt. The LS3 is a screamer especially with the NPP, the chrome wheels really finish it off. I'm in Bowling Green everyday, love driving em, and enjoy seeing them out and about everday of the year.[/QUOTE]

Dale be nice to us poor folk that have a paddle shift. It is a lot of work shifting gears. ;LOL

[/QUOTE]

Dale be nice to us poor folk that have a paddle shift. It is a lot of work shifting gears. ;LOL[/QUOTE]

:boogieWell ok......maybe I'll swap for a paddle shift....when I get "OLD" :boogie

Hope ta see ya again sometime Mike meanwhile :Steerenjoy life is "good"

About the LS3~
It is a super efficient platform.
The heads flow really well for a stock set up.
The LS3 uses heads that are similar to the LS7. The ports are rectangular and flow well.
This engine REALLY wakes up when it's allowed to breathe. A lot more than other engines of similar size.
Looking forward to hearing your impressions after your 600 mile jaunt.:thumb

OK, I have 2000 miles on it and it is a wonderful car, I like it a lot and so does everyone who has seen it. I took it to a high school reunion and it was the belle of the ball.
I live in Seattle and took it on a road trip to B.C. Canada, some 150 miles to the north. Were on a super 6 lane highway minding my own business with the wife in the car and the top off when this 500HP Mustang GT I believe comes and wants to play. At first I ignored him but after a few minutes of listening to him shift up and down teasing me I could stand it no longer. At about 70 MPH I went to 3rd gear and looked over at him. I guess he could hear the revs up in the GS and I saw him jumped on it so I did too. I shifted at 6000 RPMs from 3rd and 4th and at about 140 MPH I looked around for him. It wasn't much of a contest as the Mustang was 3 or 4 car lengths back when I quit. I realize that this proves nothing other than appease my ego, but what a great ride.
I thought all of you would enjoy hearing this... Cheers Al

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom