Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

original carpet replacement

B

beige81

my 81 vette has interior color code 64C & exterior 59L (a light yellow beige). the interior is all "Camel" (a light brown) except for the carpet which is a much lighter beige or off-white. can anyone tell me exactly what this color is and where i can get a replacement. neither ACC or Knoch show an exact replacement for 81.

Camel carpet..

I checked a new Corvette America master catalog I just received a week ago and they list a camel that is unique to 81 and 82's. They list a color Code A4 for the color camel. This can be found on page 109. They state that these carpets meet NCRS specifications. If you don't have this catalog go to www.corvetteamerica.com. Good luck and I hope this helps.

original carpet

Thanks Lucy. However, after a few e-mails and phone calls and visits to local auto upholstery shops. I found the exact
color which is ACC's number 7769 Saddle. You know the distributors often hide the Mfgs number with their own...so maybe "Camel" for those folks is actually the same..who knows? Incidentially, this is exactly what Al Knoch company said, which was totally wrong in their case. ACC also manufactures this carpet in rolls for upholstery shops by the number of 851 BIscuit and 2055 Biscuit.
There is an identical picture of my interior in this sites GALLERY thumbnail....it s the one with the Camel (light brown) seats and Dash with 7769 Saddle carpet.
by the way, the red 64 ragtop is my favorite!

Camel Carpet

Mid America Designs also lists "camel" carpet for '81, '82 years.
Molded and the foil back underlayment is available as well.
800-500-8388
www.madirect.com

Charles

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom