Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original paint on a 78?

Hi Everyone, I am looking at a 1978 Silver Anniversary. I am curious to find out if any one
knows if all of the original paint jobs have the dark silver trim around the lift in the middle of
the Hood. Thanks! Brian...

Brian-
Hey, as far as I can tell the original paint on the 78 Silver Ann. Vettes should have the shaded relief highlighting the cowl on the hood. Here is one (the first) very low mile specimen and another example that show the cowl decals:
Silv2.jpg

Silv1.jpg

Hope this helps! I think some examples are out there without the relief, but I'll bet they are re-paints in which the customer didn't bother to replace the decals afterwards... Does anyone else out there have the skinny on this?
Rich

Hi Everyone, I am looking at a 1978 Silver Anniversary. I am curious to find out if any one
knows if all of the original paint jobs have the dark silver trim around the lift in the middle of
the Hood. Thanks! Brian...

hey Brian, technically all '78 corvettes were "anniversary" cars. the silver anniversary vettes (15,283 total) had RPO B2Z which is silver ann. paint, code 13/07,light silver high---gray down low. all of these cars will have the tape stripe kit including the hood cowl, from the factory....see ya,,,,mike

All 78s are 25th Anniversary models and have the badging on the nose and fuel door. B2Z is the option code for the Silver Anniversary paint scheme. B2Z also required sport mirrors and aluminum wheels. You could choose interior color.

You could order a "regular" 78 in the available exterior colors and it was a 25th Anniversary car. You could also choose the B2Z optional Silver Anniversary paint scheme. To further cloud the issue, you could go for the 78 Pace Car. All three are 25th Anniversary cars.

:)

Pace Car Paint Code

hey Brian, technically all '78 corvettes were "anniversary" cars. the silver anniversary vettes (15,283 total) had RPO B2Z which is silver ann. paint, code 13/07,light silver high---gray down low. all of these cars will have the tape stripe kit including the hood cowl, from the factory....see ya,,,,mike

hi Mike:
Can you give me Paint Code for the silver paint used on the Pace Car, or where i might get the paint? I understand that it was a special silver, not the same as the metallic silver used on the Silver Anniversary?

thanks,
Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom