Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original side pipes

Johan

Corvette
1974 red coupe, 1969 yellow vert
I´m looking at a 69 vert. The car has some issues (worst is that the frame needs to be replaced but a replacement frame is included). Anyway, the car has side pipes, and on the DMV (or Swedish equivalent) inspecion there was a complaint that they were too loud.
Is there something that can be done to reduce the sound level? It seems they can not be opened, but how do they look on the inside, are there some kind of mufflers or interior that will be damaged over time?
(I.e. will it help to install a new pair?)

Thanks, Johan

The factory side exhaust is basically a muffler that's mounted under a cover. Over time, mufflers just fade away. Replacements are available.

If you have sidemount headers (Hooker) then the inserts are replaceable, with several different styles. Glasspack, reverse flow, baffles etc.,

this is off topic but i want to say that your 74 and all mid 70's Vette's look great with the wheels you have.

Anymore pictures of your car? I am interested now in seeing the wheels. They kinda look from your post, like some that came with my car that I have stored in my garage.
jim

They are Western Wheels, came with the car when I bought it.

DSC_0050.jpg

Cool they look exactly like the ones I have.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom