Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Outside Mirrors

Smmmokin'

Corvette
2015 Yellow
I have a 2015 and each time I start the car the outside mirrors move from where I set them, every time!!! I tried the memory routine setup but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyone else having this problem???

I've not had the problem with my 2014.

Do the seats go to your preset?
Make sure that after you set mirrors, seat and wheel that you press the memory button first and then hold position 1 until you hear the double beep.

Roger

Do the seats go to your preset?
Make sure that after you set mirrors, seat and wheel that you press the memory button first and then hold position 1 until you hear the double beep.

Roger

Thanks, but that is exactly what I do.

My were doing that. For me to set the seats and mirrors I have to hold both buttons at the same time and it beeps. When set at the museum it worked to hit set then position 1 but not since. You are in park when setting it? If I'm moving it does not stay set.

My were doing that. For me to set the seats and mirrors I have to hold both buttons at the same time and it beeps. When set at the museum it worked to hit set then position 1 but not since. You are in park when setting it? If I'm moving it does not stay set.

I have a 7 speed. I've tried to set it with the engine running in the garage and while moving. I always get the two beeps, I checked the manual and it isn't all that clear. All my cars in the past didn't require anything from me after I set up the positions, but this car seems to react differently.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

A person on another site gave me the answer, and it WORKED!!!!

Here is the answer:

2015's should all have the correct seat memory software, the "fix" only applies to 2014's. None of the C7's or any other GM product uses the older FOB assignment logic. FOB 1 is ALWAYS the first FOB married to the car, FOB 2 is the second, etc. and there is not external marking.

It's really easy to figure out which one is which, just set the seat recall to "on door open", set each memory number to a unique position then press the unlock key on a FOB and observe which of the 2 positions it went to. Then mark the FOB's 1 and 2 for future reference.

----------

As the FOBs are no longer marked (great decision) the owner has to do a process which tells him/her which FOBs are which. Turns out I chose the wrong FOB to use, as it was really the number 2 FOB.

Seems like the factory should identify which FOB they initially used to start the car, that FOB would automatically be seen by the car as number 1.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom