Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Over heating

L

les

I had one of the front spoilers installed on my 99 vette. It has consistantly over heated since then . I really hate to remove it because I think it looks good. In South Carolina it gets hot ,over 95F. My car is running about 233F at 70mph. Not good. I've heard of Water Wetter, should I try it? I have ordered a 160 therm. A friend told me to take the Fog Light surounds out? Any suggestions would be Great.

HI there,
Unfortunately, the front spoiler will inhibit air flow.
That is the issue here.
It is an aerodynamic issue.
MOdifying the fog lamps will NOT assist the situation.
Besttoyou, c4c5:hb

I have heard the same thing that c4c5 specalist is talking about. The spoiler does constrict air flow. You may have to take it off to stop the temps. from increasing.

les said:
Thanks for the help. Not what I wanted to hear, but i kind of expected. http;//www.angelfire.com./co4/c5vette/

les, before you take out the spoiler, try Redline's water wetter. Two for a vette. I would also consider the lower thermostat and reprogram the fan's or a constant monitor fan controller to dial in the fans at a lower temp. This might help but there really isn't anything better than air. Hope this helps....
Herbie

too hot!!

All agreed from above. Get another thermostat via breathless performance. It will be @ 178 degrees; a must for southern owners. Also, you'll have to remove your spoiler set up as above mentioned.

cooler now

I took the spoiler off. It's got water wetter in it. Also got a160 thermostat. To day coming back from the mountains she ran about 203 @85mph. Thats not to bad, it was 101F outside. At least the bra fits again. Thanks for all the help. :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom