Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pace car fans, make your voices heard!

I

indypacecars

This year three new 1/24 scale die cast Indy pace cars were released under the Johnny Lightning name. This year's cars are the 1978 Corvette, 1998 Corvette, and 1964 Mustang, and they are talking about releasing three more next year. I have been talking directly with Radius Licensing, the company responsible for determining which cars are produced, and have been strongly encouraging them to make a model of the 1986 Corvette pace car, which has only been done twice to my knowledge -- once by Franklin Mint and once by Majorette in the late 80's (which was more of a toy than a collectible).

I am currently conducting a survey on which Indy pace cars people would like to see made as diecast replicas, which I will be sending to Radius and Playing Mantis, as well as Exact Detail and some others. You can find the survey on www.indypacecars.com or access it directly at http://www.votations.com/asp/survey.asp?pollid=57334 Let's make sure the '86 Corvette has a strong showing!

-- Marc

p.s. I posted this info on a Fiero message board and found out the Fiero owners are absolutely rabid for a diecast model of their car! I doubt the '86 Corvette will be able to oust them from first place, but it would be nice to at least have a strong showing!

Hi Marc,

Done! Thanks for letting us know about this and please keep us posted.

-Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom