Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paging Brangeta........

FX GS

Corvette
Formally Callaway SuperNatural Grand Sport #0001
I was just wondering what Camaro sites you might do some trolling on.
I'm going to be looking at what is supposed to be, pristine 14,000 mile, black/black, fully documented 2002 SS with major modifications (435 rwhp/420 tq recorded on a mustang dyno) this coming Sunday.
I'll let you know the outcome

The only Camaro messageboard I really look at is camaroz28.com's message board http://web.camaross.com/forums/. It is probably 50% LS1 Camaro and Firebird owners, 40% LT1 Camaro and F-bird owners, and 10% 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen.

LS1tech.com is probably the second most popular board, but it covers every GM car with an LS1, LS2, etc.

The best camaro website for accurate information is http://www.camarosource.ca

I'm not sure what you're asking me though. Is this the car with the 427, or is it just a 346 LS1? The torque reading is making me think it is one with an LS1, but I could be mistaken. 435 hp is close to about the maximum you ever see anyone have from an LS1 so that's my guess...

If I was you, I'd ask if he had the receipts for all the stuff (or just the names of everything he changed) and look each up and see if each part is a good quality part or just a lot of bang for the buck. Even better, type up the list of parts on a new topic on both ls1tech and camaroz28 and see what other people think. Someone might have a bad experience with such and such part.

As far as the body work and other stuff goes I can tell you a few tips. I'm REALLY picky about the body on cars.
1. front end collisions, even minor 5 or 10 mph ones when parking, almost always misalign the front quarter panels and they are difficult to realign and hide the fact the car has been bumped. Stand in front of the car and make sure the fenders flow into the side mirrors properly.

When viewed from above, the fender mirror extensions should flow perfectly into the mirrors. I know this is difficult to fix because my car was in a parking accident and I still haven't adjusted the fenders properly. This isn't my car, it's a '96 SS with 1300 miles, so it is a perfect example of PERFECT.
normal_96SS66BSC%20002.jpg

2. body panels get misaligned by improperly jacking the car up and dealerships, tire shops, owners are guilty of this. The easiest way to tell is if the place the front quarterpanels bolt onto the car underneath is bent, then it has been improperly jacked. A Bridgestone tire shop bent mine with one of their lifts that uses those arms that raise the car in about 5 seconds.

You can't see them in this pic, but the mount is just below this.
normal_96SS66BSC%20051.jpg

3. the window motors in our cars wear out constantly, if you have a dealership replace the motor, they probably won't lubricate it, so you'll end up having to put yet another motor in several months later.

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head. Do you have any questions/concerns?

It's the real deal. Since you visit camaroz28, the SS was orginally owned by Jason Debler, the originator of that site, who I spoke with for quite awhile about the car. He sold it and the 2nd owner now has it for sale. Most everything about the car has been verified. Sunday, when I meet it, will be the real test.

Thanx for all the info, I really appreciate it. I'll let you know how it all turns out

You mean it's the black SS with SLP center-mount exhaust? That was a nice car. SLP doesn't make that cast aluminum set of exhaust tips anymore, so be careful backing out of driveways and such. If it is the original set that came out in late 2001, it won't have the extra brace/connector welded between the tips and it will break if jossled too much. Our set broke on my mom's 35th Anniversary SS after a few too many speedbumps. Here's a picture of the replacement set SLP sent me from when they still made the part. Beautiful piece.
new-exhaust-tips.jpg

Got it..........it's in my garage now :D
Some of the goodies:

Forged LS1
PRC Terminator 200cc Heads ported
Comp Cam .224 .228 .635 .637 110LSA
Electric Water Pump
Under Drive Pulleys
Strange 12 bolt Rear end (Line-X)
4.11 gears
Steel 3" drive shaft
Mcleod Single Disk Clutch
Fast 90/90
Nick Williams 90mm Trottle Body
160 thermostat
QTP Headers w/cutouts to Hooker Aerochamber mufflers and stainless CME
Z06 brakes at all 4 corners
Prototype wheels (of which these are the only pair in existence)
+ alot of other stuff..............it's a long list

You should take some pics of it :).

The Strange 12 bolt is good; the stock one supposedly can't take more than about 400 hp (or so I've heard). The 4.11 gear is a bit high for my taste, I prefer to shift less. I'm not really very familiar with some of the stuff you listed though.

What do the wheels look like?

Is there any truth to this? ;squint:

1st guy
Jason D's Camaro no longer exists you guys . It was totalled
by the new owner right after he bought it from Jason

2nd guy
.......You cannot be serious. This is the first I've heard of that. What happened? Do you know any details?

1st guy again
Im dead serious unfortunately. The guy who bought it from jason
was having it worked on . When he picked it up he took it on the HWY
and lost the front pass. wheel i believe at a relatively high speed .
You can guess what happened from there

2nd guy again
^^That's completely repulsive. I parked next to Jason at the Camaro Superfest last year. Was there a thread or anything on here about it? If so, I must have missed it.
Even in the rain, it looks good.
n12435998_36690432_8035.jpg

Is this true???? Are you alright??? :eek:hnoes

Is there any truth to this? ;squint:

1st guy

2nd guy

1st guy again

2nd guy again

Is this true???? Are you alright??? :eek:hnoes

:confused Huh? :confused

Is it true the car is wrecked? Or where are these guys getting this info? :confused

Is it true the car is wrecked? Or where are these guys getting this info? :confused

I don't have the slightest idea what you are talking about...................did you get this info off another site...................or where?

Yeah, I figured it was a bunch of bull. I'll set them straight for you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom