Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint Code Info

coptertom

Corvette
1972 and 2014 C7
I am getting ready to paint my 81 vette. The paint tag on my left driver post indicates:

Trim: 152
Paint: 79L

I've tried every computer search engine that I could use, without any luck.

I am trying to keep my vette as orginal as possible...........................

HELP!

Trim 152. silver gray leather interior. Paint 79L. Maroon Metallic (a St. Louis color)

Check with a body shop or paint supply company... I found a cross for 84L for mine it came up as Dupont Chromin something or other ;) the body shop crossed the number and came up with the new basecoat/clearcoat cross reference numbers...

Also trying to find the original Laq paint may be difficult and then trying to find a shop to shoot might present EPA problems... you know Big Brother and all :eyerole

Good Luck

Bud

Here ya go: http://www.corvettepaintcodes.com/

Look up the factory codes for your maroon. Any automotive paint supplier ought to be able to match the codes and mix paint for you.

Ditto on the lacquer citation above. It's illegal to shoot lacquer these days in lots of places. You may want to check the air quality laws in your state.

:)

Hey guy's Thanks for your help :cool !

I live down in Sunny South Florida. Don't think that they will shoot the vette with lacquer but at least I will restore it to the original color.

New dual exhaust with hooker headers
New S/S brake lines
New brake kit
Rebuilt carb
New weather strip
New power steering components

And the list goes on $$$$$$$ :bash maybe I might be able to drive it some day!

FWIW: don't install your new weatherstripping until after the new paint.

Vette is at the body shop as we speak. They are going to remove the old and replace with the new weatherstripping after they spray it. Figured that I would stop in and make sure that they take care of the prep, removing all the exterior parts and old weatherstripping. I don't want to be a pain in the tail end................put you know how it goes!

According to the Corvette Black Book, 79 is Maroon Metallic.

...They are going to remove the old and replace with the new weatherstripping after they spray it....

Uh...I hope you mean the shop will remove the old weatherstipping before paint, paint the car, then install the new weatherstripping.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom