Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

paint experts, stress cracks ?

T

tak

The 82 has had one repaint and by the looks of the spider webbing it could have been lacquer, not real sure though. Does it look like these could be stress cracks ? Most of the car is starting to spider web in one stage or another that is why I though it could be lacquer, but those spots on the picture seem to be more extreme. I have painted many cars as a hobby but this will be my first experience with glass, that's why I'm asking the pros.
Are 82's jelled over the SMC ? Will taking it all the way down and into the jellcoat some keep the stresses from coming back if those are stress cracks ?

May help

The 82 has had one repaint and by the looks of the spider webbing it could have been lacquer, not real sure though. Does it look like these could be stress cracks ? Most of the car is starting to spider web in one stage or another that is why I though it could be lacquer, but those spots on the picture seem to be more extreme. I have painted many cars as a hobby but this will be my first experience with glass, that's why I'm asking the pros.
Are 82's jelled over the SMC ? Will taking it all the way down and into the jellcoat some keep the stresses from coming back if those are stress cracks ?
Hi the time gap between base coat, colour, and clear coat, are critical, depending on temperatures it is much less time than normal metal finish, especially the final clear coat should be applied within minutes of colour was , approx 5 to 10 minutes, the reason the clear has to actually imbead in to the colour coat before any hardening ocures, this is a problem with a lot of painters. regards wayne.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom