Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint Hood and Nose

atmmac

Corvette
1997 Black Corvette
Anyone know how much it is to get my Nose and Hood painted. Its a black 97. Have some rock pits etc... Its not too bad but i cant stand it not being perfect..

I know how ya feel about rock chips.

I'd estimate $750 to $2000. Depends on the type/quality of the shop you take it to. Matching new to old paint is something a quality shop will pay attention to.

I had a new front bumper painted and put on my C4 cheaper than having the original bumper stripped and repainted. A friend of mine owned the dealership and sold me the bumper at cost. It cost $750 out the door.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/cyal8tr/1996YouWantSomeofThis.jpg

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Just got a est of $600 for front bumper & hood. I had it looked at by a shop that does ghost flames so I know he was good.

I know what you mean. I was going for ghost flames and had to back off. I just

can't decide if I really need flames at 61. I still like it like it is.

atmmac said:
damn thats pretty expensive. Maybe ill just try and touch it up..

Try some of this stuff follow the directions and use a light touch:
http://www.langka.com/

I think Mother's Wax also sells this under their brand name.

The Langka stuff works great. If you take your time with it, you can't tell where the chips were.

The quality vs. the price for paint jobs for Corvettes seems to be an ongoing and passionate issue, and well it should be. I tend to believe that really outstanding paint jobs are a work of art. And I believe that really excellent auto painters view themselves as artists, the car being the canvas. There are some really notable paint and auto-body facilities on both coasts and in between. If one happens to view some of the reality shows on T.V. such as specialty motorcycle and auto restoration and building, it is easy to see the quality of work that these shops produce. The downside is the cost. But you get what you pay for, and this is not more pronounced than getting a new finish on the Corvette. When I have had to get paint work done, I would seek out the place that specializes in Corvette restoration first and ask their advice as to who does their body and paint work. This forum can provide the names of some great shops as well, although you may have to travel depending on your location. I guess the bottom line is: how important is it to the individual to get quality work, and will the cost justify the desired outcome? Good luck with your project.

Ron

I think it depends what you are going to use the car for. I had an "expensive" and excellent paint job done on my 85 which isn't a daily driver, but I do drive it, and the car is getting stonechips which really ticked me off when I got the first few chips. I'm not sure I'd pay the big dollar for paint on a driver again.

Ron

RonJ said:
I think it depends what you are going to use the car for. I had an "expensive" and excellent paint job done on my 85 which isn't a daily driver, but I do drive it, and the car is getting stonechips which really ticked me off when I got the first few chips. I'm not sure I'd pay the big dollar for paint on a driver again.

Ron

Thats my thought too. Once i get it painted it just gonna get chips again..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom