Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint Matching - Stock Wheels

M

MacShee98

I'm having trouble locating GM touch-up paint for the stock painted alum wheels on the 2002. The parts dept. guy couldn't find the matching number. My assumption is that it's the same silver-metallic paint for MY 2000, 2001 as well.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciated it. (Got a small stone chip in the front left that I'd like to fix ASAP.)

Thanks!

I have found Dupli-Color High Performance Wheel Coating to be a very good match for my 2000 painted wheels. I have only seen it in a spray can. I have sprayed just a small section, such as where a wheel weight was, and from a few feet away, the sprayed area was not apparent unless you knew to look. If you are a perfectionist, and know what you are doing, you can even blend, clear it, and rub it out like the pros.

Thanks for the tip. I'm guessing that I could spray it into a cup and dip the brush from there - the spot I need to fix is smaller than the diameter of a pencil eraser, so masking off everything for just that spot to spray would be a pain.

Not to mention multiple coats would be required - yup, the stone chip is deep.

Thanks again. I'll give it a try.

MacShee,
The factory wheels do not match the silver paint on the cars. It's a special color, and could be found by your dealer. They may make a touch up version of it. Hope you find it ok.
Joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom