Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint stripper

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
So when stripping the oil pan, timing cover etc.

What's the best paint stripper out there?

I used Jasco stripping the block, and it worked alright... (3 applications and a fair amount of elbow grease)

Is there something NASTIER that will lift the paint in one application?

Mike

I have used an aerosol cal of stripper from K-mart that needed only one application. The paint practically fell off on it's own....

AIRCRAFT STRIPPER!!!!

And Im not talking about in-flight entertainment either.:L

Just make sure to have Gloves, Paint brush, A tub of water and do it in a WELL ventilated area.

Aircraft stripper is, hands down, the fastest, gnarliest stuff on the market. I have paseed over a finish with a paint brush and not ten seconds later the paint and primer was sloughing right off. you can pass over it with a rag to the bare metal.

The best stripper I use is sold at auto paint supply or parts stores. Has an airliner on front and is called Aircraft Paint Remover. I own a body shop and also used to paint aircraft. Be very carefull not to get any on exterior of car.

Another point to make, DO NOT USE STRIPPER to strip exterior paint, get it media blasted instead. beside being much neater, it does not attack into pinholes, stress cracks like the stripper does. I absolutely will not paint on any car a customer brings thats been chemical stripped.

Oh..

Thats the stuff I meant.....but "aircraft stripper" leaves more to the imagination. ; )

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom