Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint ???

RockSter

Corvette
1978 Silver Anniversary
I have been researching a little for my son. How can I find out what the original color was on my sons 78 Anniversary Edition? It's silver but there is red showing through in some areas where the paint is chipped.

Also, did GM discontinue producing OEM parts for the Corvette after a certain age?

Again, thanks in advance for the help. It's really appreciated.

RockSter

There should be a trim plate on the drivers door hinge pillar. It will have the paint code on it and interior trim code.
If that's not there then you'll need to see what the build sheet says. There should be a copy of it stuck to the top of the gas tank. I was able to read mine using an inspection mirror and a torch.

There are some OEM parts still in production by AC Delco. Some are now only produced by others. It depends what part you are after.

There should be a trim plate on the drivers door hinge pillar. It will have the paint code on it and interior trim code.
If that's not there then you'll need to see what the build sheet says. There should be a copy of it stuck to the top of the gas tank. I was able to read mine using an inspection mirror and a torch.

There are some OEM parts still in production by AC Delco. Some are now only produced by others. It depends what part you are after.

We will be looking to replace the door & t top trim. Where would be the best place to get that?

Any of the normal corvette vendors (Zip Corvette, Corvette America, Ecklers Corvette... the list goes on) should have them. Some make their own, some just resell them. It will take a little research to find one you're happy with.

I personally like Corvette America, (They normally make their own interior trim) but some prefer others.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom