Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paints

u2bdet

Corvette
Hello all ... What type/brands of paint (mid-price point) have you had the best results .....or horror stories on your Vettes????
Going for paint next week ....have painter lined up , I supply materials..(primer/base/cc.)
Thanks ,
Neal

I just did mine and we ended up using Glasurit. Its a very nice paint / Clear Coat and goes on fairly smooth. When we painted mine we put 2 heavy coats of clear and one fine so that I could remove almost all of the orange peel and come away with a smooth and deep finish.

When buffing mine I went over everything with 1000 grit on a DA, then a 3000 grit foam pad on the DA after using a spray bottle and generously applying water to the area I planned on going over with the 3000. After this point most of the DA scratchs will be removed. then I used the buffing compound to get the clear to shine well enough that I could see my reflection in it, this was followed by a glaze job until I could clearly see my reflection with no imperfections. Then for kicks and giggles I went over the entire car with plum crazy.

Sorry if that is too much info just wanted to be as helpful as possible. :D

Hello all ... What type/brands of paint (mid-price point) have you had the best results .....or horror stories on your Vettes????
Going for paint next week ....have painter lined up , I supply materials..(primer/base/cc.)

since you mentioned mid price point - Just finished a project with a cheaper brand of urethane made Sherwin Williams on a Firebird. I don't recall the brand off hand but can find out if interested. It was cheap and quite good especially for the price - my hope is that it will hold up well being a urethane.

But my concern with posting is that you have a painter lined up but no brand/system? What does your painter suggest or recommend or have experience with? I suggest biasing towards what he is comfortable working with...

HTHs

Done

Just completed the painting/clear in sand/polish stage now ..went with S/W Genesis as the color coat ..used the eurpoean line 4CR for the primer and clear coats ..(recommeded by painter) ...likin what I see so far ..will post pics when she returns probably Monday !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom