Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parking lights

Dorsey1943

Corvette
1992 convertible Bright Aqua
Hello

I have a 1992 Corvette, all of a sudden when I turn on my parking lights my head lights pop up (but they are not on) I have checked all the fuses and they are ok.
Dose anyone know what may be causing this? I like to drive with my parking and fog lights on during the day for safety reasons.

Rod

If I remember right the park/foglights use the dim lights as a common. Does it make any diff is the headlights are on dim or bright. I would be looking for a bad ground on the headlights or the motors somewhere. You need an electrical diagram to troubleshoot this easily.The helms manual for your yr has a the one GM dealers use.

My 1990 C4 has these lighting modes with the switch panel (shown below):
1. Head lamps, fog lamps, parking/side marker lights, internal lighting Off: rotating switch full CCW
2. Parking lights on: rotating switch one position CW, fog lamps switch can be turned on or off
3. Head & parking/side marker lamps on: rotating switch two positions CW
4. Head lamps up but off, parking/side marker lamps on: rotating switch two positions CW, then back one position. I believe this mode is to allow the headlamps pop-ups to stay up for winter icing reasons (which save the electric motors from being damaged).

16AA0CE1-79E4-4309-8253-56F752332C9B_zpstquzu72l.jpg

FF8D41B6-F8C9-460B-9671-4438A9070DED_zpsetuxkbmw.jpg

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom