Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parking lights

S

ssvett

Hey guys, I need to know what is the correct part number for the front parking lights on a 58. I have T1004 but they don't seem to work, no mater how I put them in. I have a good ground and voltage at the socket. I'm hoping I just have the wrong bulbs................Thanks.......Steve

park lamp bulbs

Steve,
It's a 2 filament park and turn signal. The original number was 1034 (4 candlepower filament). The modern number is 1157. Or you can use the brighter 2157 bulb.

BTW The '58 to '60 brake lights never made a lot of light in the bright sun. I have seen diode lights that replace the standard bulb. These are very bright but don't make heat, which is a problem with a halogen or high candlepower bulb and a plastic lens. Something I plan on trying on the '59.

Tom

Duh, Ifeel so dumb

But, I'm not taking all the blame. ssvettjr, was giving me all this info without me actually looking at it(In his defense, he was going by what was in it, maybe that's why they didn't work before). He asked me what bulbs to use, and I automatically said "1157" but he said the post were straight across. Oh well, they work now..........Thanks Tom,,,,,,,,,,,You da man..........Steve

Kids.:( :L

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom