Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

parking lot

medicine man

Hello All
Well finally happened. After 8 yrs of carefully parking the car, some guy in a pick-up backed up and over the hood about 2 feet,then he drove forward tearing off the right side headlight cover and the headlight and tweaking the front facia. My question is. What could have happened to auto transmission that was in Park? The car drives fine and I have repeatedly driven forward and in reverse and park and no problems. no leaks either. I haven't had time to talk to State Farm my agent(this happened saturday 6/10/06) but am also curious to know what the other Ins Co is going to do. This was a perfect 97 coupe not 1 scratch. Any ideas or horror stories would be welcome
Oh I also jacked the car up and examined the suspension, could not see any problem but will mention it the pros.
Thanks Mike

your tranny should be fine unless he pushed the car around the parking lot. sorry to hear about your problem. i hope that you know who did this and that he/she will pay. i hate this s&*t!!!!!!!

Hate to hear this happened to you. :ugh

When I bought my C4, the gap between the hood and the front cap was off on one side, indicating it had been hit and poorly repaired. I had to be careful opening the hood because one side would catch and I was afraid of causing cracks in the fiberglass.

I took it to Tony's Auto Repair (one of THE best I know of in South MS) and he fixed it beautifully! :upthumbs

Good luck - hold their feet to the fire and make the jokers fix her the way she was!

:w Jane Ann

parking lot update

Hi All
Thanks for your concern. Things are working out, the Guy has good Ins and have had an estimate from a reputable shop. They are replacing everything Ft Facia, hood, Inner fender and headlight assembly. His Ins Co has given me no problems at all and State Farm will see that it is taken care of. It's a great car but really difficult to PARK.
Thanks \Mike

medicine man said:
Hi All
Thanks for your concern. Things are working out, the Guy has good Ins and have had an estimate from a reputable shop. They are replacing everything Ft Facia, hood, Inner fender and headlight assembly. His Ins Co has given me no problems at all and State Farm will see that it is taken care of. It's a great car but really difficult to PARK.
Thanks \Mike

Sory for your misery...glad to hear you are getting it fixed w/o a hassle. If I have to I will park mine in B F Egypt to keep jealous people from messing it up...but you can't be 100% safe anywhere. It has always been that way between the haves and havenots:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom