Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parting out a 1981 Vette

81 Corvette said:
Here is my list of goodies....

Power window switches
Bezel around the center guages
door locks mechinisms
steering wheel (is it wood?)
wheel caps if they aren't already gone
nose emblem is its there and in good shape
speedo if it goes higher then 85mph
BTW, I stripped the doors down and sold the bare shells. I have the entire driver and passenger lock assembly and door wire harness and power window parts. The power window regulators are in poor condition. The wireharness tip right at the lock cylinder for the alarm system broke but can be fixed. I have the door lock ket that matches both lock cylinders and latch assemblies.

How about $50 (including shipping) for both locks, latches, lock actuators, the key, rods and lever?????????

Let me know.

I'm in need of the water pump pulley. Mine was bent badly when the water pump bearing went bye bye.

PLEASE tell me me you have it and how much.

Gary

PS. do you still have the seats?

The pictures broke my heart. Sorry for your loss.

I am looking for a drivers door for my 74 coupe. Do you think yours will fit?

Bob mo

Copdogcorvettes said:
I'm in need of the water pump pulley. Mine was bent badly when the water pump bearing went bye bye.

PLEASE tell me me you have it and how much.

Gary

PS. do you still have the seats?
Yep, how about $20 (including shipping) ? Seats are sold.

On the doors, those are gone already.

Got the mirrors are associated parts. Now, to find time to install them...

thanks,
Joe

Couldn't see if this car was equipped with it, but need rear defroster/defogger switch BADLY! Been searching for switch for 5 years. Also what about the plastic power seat switch cover?

-Tatortot

MaineShark said:
Got the mirrors are associated parts. Now, to find time to install them...

thanks,
Joe
Great! You know, that is the hardest I have ever worked for $75!!!!!!!!! I had no idea when I started to remove the mirrors in a surgical fashion that it would take that long to de-lace the harness, etc. down to the last final wire. The really cool thing is that control harness is a stand alone unit. In other words, it can easily be transfered from one car to another. That is, if you count "easily" as an afternoon pulling and lacing wires! :L

69MyWay said:
BTW, I stripped the doors down and sold the bare shells. I have the entire driver and passenger lock assembly and door wire harness and power window parts. The power window regulators are in poor condition. The wireharness tip right at the lock cylinder for the alarm system broke but can be fixed. I have the door lock ket that matches both lock cylinders and latch assemblies.

How about $50 (including shipping) for both locks, latches, lock actuators, the key, rods and lever?????????

Let me know.
I can do that. Is it an auto, if so, is the shift cable in good shape?

Let me know. PM with payment info. I can do paypal, check, money order. Your choice, as it doesn't matter to me.

69MyWay said:
Great! You know, that is the hardest I have ever worked for $75!!!!!!!!! I had no idea when I started to remove the mirrors in a surgical fashion that it would take that long to de-lace the harness, etc. down to the last final wire. The really cool thing is that control harness is a stand alone unit. In other words, it can easily be transfered from one car to another. That is, if you count "easily" as an afternoon pulling and lacing wires! :L

In other words, you're saying that I'm going to have loads of fun on the install, eh?

Where did the wires run? Across under the dash?

Joe

81 Corvette said:
I can do that. Is it an auto, if so, is the shift cable in good shape?

Let me know. PM with payment info. I can do paypal, check, money order. Your choice, as it doesn't matter to me.
You can paypal me mcdonald_chris@bellsouth.net . Include a message with your paypal for the address you wish it all to be shipped and a contact phone number.

I currently have the shifter with the cable listed together on ebay for $25 under my ebay name 69MyWay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7927377556&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

In other words, you're saying that I'm going to have loads of fun on the install, eh?

Where did the wires run? Across under the dash?

The harness ran along the very top just under the base of the windshield then dropped down in the middle behind the defrost duct and into the center console, then over to the fuse panel alone with the other wires that run behind the gauges.

In fact, I have these items off the car and listed right now here:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopageZ1QQsassZ69mywayQQsosortorderZ1QQsosortpropertyZ1

22229stingray81 said:
Couldn't see if this car was equipped with it, but need rear defroster/defogger switch BADLY! Been searching for switch for 5 years. Also what about the plastic power seat switch cover?

-Tatortot
Well...I am currently holding the rear window defrost switch in my hand (okay, I was before I started typing :L ).

How about $20 which includes standard shipping to the lower 48?

You can just paypal me, and include the full shipping address and your phone number. Please note what you are buying on the paypal request so I can match it up and get it shipped.

Will the speedometer fit a 1980 Corvette? do you have it and also the rear shade?

22229stingray81 said:
Money sent, thanks so much! Let me know if there is a problem with anything.

-Tatortot
It is all packed up and will go out on 10/15.

Thank you,

Chris

cscarlson said:
Will the speedometer fit a 1980 Corvette? do you have it and also the rear shade?
Speedo is gone via ebay.

Rear shade is still in the car, I don't know the condition yet. Will check it out and let you know.

cscarlson said:
Just checked. The rear shade is good. I can hook you up with the shade and the stop clips for $40 (including shipping).

If you want it, just paypal me with your full shipping address, phone number, and include (rear shade) in the title so I know what it is for.

Wiper Delay Module

If you still have it and it works (can you power up the wipers to test it?), I'd be interested in buying the wiper delay module from you. What do you need to get for it?

redvet said:
If you still have it and it works (can you power up the wipers to test it?), I'd be interested in buying the wiper delay module from you. What do you need to get for it?
I currently have it listed on ebay at $25. The auction ends on Sunday. Those went new from GM around $220 and are no longer available. I have no idea what the final sale price will be. It may go for $25...who knows?

There is no way to know for sure if it works, but I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with it.

Hi, 69, and please pardon me for not knowing how "this" works; does that mean I need to buy it from you on e-bay; that since you listed it there, that you cannot now sell it to me directly? Or does it mean that you are trying to see if you can get more than $25.00 for it on e-bay?

In any case, I'm still interested. Should I go on e-bay and bid on it? Or will you let me know if it doesnt sell there? Or ??? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul

redvet said:
Hi, 69, and please pardon me for not knowing how "this" works; does that mean I need to buy it from you on e-bay; that since you listed it there, that you cannot now sell it to me directly? Or does it mean that you are trying to see if you can get more than $25.00 for it on e-bay?

In any case, I'm still interested. Should I go on e-bay and bid on it? Or will you let me know if it doesnt sell there? Or ??? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul,

I have no idea what this part is worth. The best way to find out is the ebay method. I do feel it is worth more than $25...but how much more??? Who knows. That is the beauty of the auction because things find their current market value.

I did a trick install on my 69 Vette and put a delay wiper system in it from a 80-82 model. I bought a new delay module and paid just over $220 for it two in a half years ago. They have since been discontinued. I would have gladly paid $50-$75 or more for a used one if I could have found one at the time.

The auction ends on Sunday and already has one bid at $25. You can log on to ebay and watch it. I suggest the best ebay method is to wait until the last minute or two to bid. You might just see it go for no more than $25.01.

Chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom