Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Parts..Parts..& More Parts

Wegone

Corvette
82,91 ZR-1,
I sure hope I remember where they all go!!!!

intparts.jpg

don't worry about it, it's easy.......
the door panels go on the sides, the dash and steering wheel are in front of you, the compartment doors go behind you, and the center console cover ( you know, that one and only black piece) goes in in the middle.
the other pieces you just use to "fill in the holes".
just like doing a jigsaw puzzle - do the edges first and than just fill in where needed!

;LOL ;LOL

Wegone said:

intparts.jpg

looks like somebody has a little project to do!!!!:D

good luck and just take your time and it will be fine!!!!:upthumbs

Wegone said:

intparts.jpg
HOLY SHEEET, where'd u buy it at and how $ if u don't mind me asking? never seen so many interior pieces together for 1 vette.

Wow.:crazy You have to PAINT all that stuff, too? OMG. That's a lot of prepping, cleaning, mixing, shooting. Hope you got a big area so you can mix and shoot ONCE, and not worry about a color change with a second mix if you are doing something like red or blue.

I do not envy that project, but with time and patience she will look beautiful!

Good luck, I hope it turns out nice for you.

Rick
:w

Door panels are new still need to build them up..new black panels (center console) and lens..all the other parts have been redyed..took 2 quarts..I still have many small parts and the seats not in the Pic.

If you go to my Web page there is a link to the project 77 about midway down the page.

Sounds funny, but I can only wish I was in your shoes. I plan on being there in the next few months. I'm doing a total interior rehab on my 74. All repainted/dyed or new.

Looks good, I've still a lot to learn before I get her stripped down. Was the dyeing process difficult?

Good luck!

Texason67 said:
Sounds funny, but I can only wish I was in your shoes. I plan on being there in the next few months. I'm doing a total interior rehab on my 74. All repainted/dyed or new.

Looks good, I've still a lot to learn before I get her stripped down. Was the dyeing process difficult?

Good luck!

Not really. Just a bit time consuming.

Step 1. Cleaned all parts with soap, de-greaser and scotch-brite 3 times (note do not use degreaser on plastic chrome or any of the part with stenciled labels) make any repairs needed.

Step 2. Wipe all parts to be dyed with a de-wax prep.

Step 3. Wipe parts with proper pre-paint treatments; they make one for plastic and one for leather.

Step 4. I used 3-4 light coats of dye.

That does sound time-consuming. But I bet it's worth it! I can't wait. This is my first 'vette. I've always wanted one, and she's been sitting in the driveway for about 2 months now. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Well got the rear back in this weekend...

intreardone2.jpg

intreardone1.jpg

those look soooooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt!!!!!

NICE JOB!!!!!(keep up the good work!!!!!)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom