Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passenger Cabin Air Filter

ACCORDING TO AC DELCO THE #CF139 FITS THE 2005-2008 CORVETTE AND IS A REPLACEMENT PAPER ELEMENT FILTER. THE WHOLESALE PRICE IS AROUND $29.00.
THE CF131C IS THE MORE EXPENSIVE REPLACEMENT WHICH HAS ACTIVATED "CHARCOAL" (SUCH AS THE SUFFIX "C" IN THE PART #)IN IT TO CAPTURE DUST AND PREVENT ANY SMELL OR ODORS FROM ENTERING THE CABIN. THE CF131C WHOLESALES FOR AROUND $56.00. BOTH ARE STILL AVAILALBE FROM ANY AC DELCO STORE.

I removed mine and it appears to be made from about the same material as my vacuum cleaner filter. All I ever do with it is blow it out with my air compressor. See no reason you can't do the same with our cabin filters. Perhaps over time it will collect particles too small to be removed by compressed air. So at 50K+ miles you might want to replace it rather than clean.

Cabin filter update

I changed both the cabin and the two air filters on the C6 this week. Purolator part number from Advance Auto for the air filter, A35591, $10.88 each, and number C25623 for the cabin filter, $11.48. Both non stock items and had to be ordered.

The cabin filter looks to be the same as the original except it has no part number stamped in ink on the side. It needs to be installed with the cut edges of the filter folds down. This is a soft filter so it will flex enough to get it in the tight fit correctly.

As for the air filters they also look the same as original.

:thumb

LOL some of your guys, this is a $50,000 car and some of you want to cheap out on the air filter. In for a penny, in for a pound, I just got the AC delco filter from the dealer and it wasn't cheap, but it's a genuine GM part.

LOL some of your guys, this is a $50,000 car and some of you want to cheap out on the air filter. In for a penny, in for a pound, I just got the AC delco filter from the dealer and it wasn't cheap, but it's a genuine GM part.

Interesting perspective, if anyone could build the Corvette like they can filters and put the Corvette name on it like they do the AC filter you would still pay $50K for one rather than buy the $10K Corvette? OK, that’s stretching it a bit but in the case of the filter they are the same in many cases made by the same company.

After 40 years of building product that was sold under different brand names it’s not always that “you get what you pay for”. We called it “private labeling for the unknowing”. Spend some of that money and buy the Purolator and the AC cabin filter and tell me they are not the same. Remember that some manufactures will make them look the same but can and do make a cheaper quality product. You need to test it, smell it, feel it, take it apart, analyze the material, and prove that ACDelco builds the AC $50 filter to be sure.

On the other had I always thought this was an interesting test but not the filter we are talking about. http://home.stny.rr.com/jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm

A good deal.

IMHO there is nothing wrong with trying to get a good deal on car products; and as for genuine parts-sometimes duct tape works just fine. Hell you could probably buy some nylons and use them; or some panty hose; wait I don't think many women wear panty hose anymore. At least I havent had to remove any lately.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom