Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passenger side footwell light?

• Thread starter Thread starter Vettehead
  • Start date Start date
V

Vettehead

Can anyone tell me if an '01 C5 coupe should have a courtesy light in/under the passenger side footwell? My driver side footwell has one but I can't fnd one on the other side. ;help

My 98 has one on the flat area under the glove box, about 3 inches in from the passenger side kick panel. Look for the clear plastic lense cover.

MAC5 said:
My 98 has one on the flat area under the glove box, about 3 inches in from the passenger side kick panel. Look for the clear plastic lense cover.
Found it, thanks. Now I have to figure out how to check the bulb and the fuses. Would anyone know which fuse is for the courtesy light in the passanger footwell? The car's manuel doesn't show it anywhere.

My '04 books show the fuse (#29) located in the R/H footwell behind the carpet, labeled C/LALDL.....power goes from there to CTSY LP Relay 42. Power goes from the relay to each footwell courtesy lamp. The relay is controlled by the BCM which gets signals from doors....
Good luck, let us know if you need additional help.

Excellent; that helps me big time, thanks so much. I take it from the info below that one fuse covers both courtesy lights; which would mean I need to replace the bulb.
That's a great book you've got, what's it called and where can I get one. Will it tell you what replacement bulb to get?
68Roadster said:
My '04 books show the fuse (#29) located in the R/H footwell behind the carpet, labeled C/LALDL.....power goes from there to CTSY LP Relay 42. Power goes from the relay to each footwell courtesy lamp. The relay is controlled by the BCM which gets signals from doors....
Good luck, let us know if you need additional help.

The owners manual should have a section on the bulbs the car requires. I could look all day in these books and may never find it.

As for the book, it's the standard GM Service Manual that is available from www.helminc.com . They are pricey but they are the best. You might be able to snatch up a set on e-bay.

Keep in mind the info I have given you is for an '04....I don't know if things/numbers have changed....

I would try a new bulb first, if that doesn't work, check for power when the door is open. If still no, check the fuse. If it's good post again and we will go from there...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom