Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passenger Window Intermittent

SANOLS1

Corvette
2004 Millenium Yellow Coupe
I came home from a trip and the wife had thrown a towel over the pax window while parked in the garage. She said she couldn’t get the window to go back up. She mentioned that it had happened once before and she slammed the door (gently) and it worked. I came home and tried and sure enough, it was dead in both directions. I opened the door and it worked fine.
Can someone tell me where the termination of the window motor is? It appears to enter the cabin under the right dash or maybe under the battery area. I would also like to take the door panel off and inspect the motor. Any clues as to how to remove the panel without damaging it would be appreciated. ;help
Cheers

I'm guessing the wiring inside the accordian has a bad connection
play with that and see if it fails before you start pulling things apart
The door panel comes off in about 3 minutes but I doubt you will need to go inside the door
Maybe someone can scan the manual page

So, is there a connection inside the accordian boot?

I can't find anything amiss inside the car. Can someone clue me in on how to remove the door panel. I'm guessing there might be some water/corrosion or something at the motor.

I can't find anything amiss inside the car. Can someone clue me in on how to remove the door panel. I'm guessing there might be some water/corrosion or something at the motor.
It's very easy. Pry up the small oval piece behind the area where you pull the door closed. There will be 2 torx #30 screws there. remove them. Take a small screwdriver with a fairly wide blade and pry upward at a 45 degree angle in the small opening at the top and bottom of the piece behind the door opening lock and latch...understanding that you are not removing the oval piece that you are prying but the piece that surrounds the entire door lock assembly. This is the oblong part that is about 7 inches long. Remove that full bezel GENTLY. Remove the oval red light in the door by lightly prying up on the top of the light. there is a clip on the top and two forks on the bottom. lift up whereas not to break the forks. Now, with a very wide blade screwdriver or metal spackel spreader, gently insert the blade at the lower right corner of the door panel and pry the door panel away from the door. It is held by plastic Christmas tree pins. These pins are all around the door panel so go around slowly and pry one at a time. after they are all removed the door panel needs to be lifted at the top off the vehicle and the job is finished.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom