Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pcv..

Topless

Corvette
1992 Convt w/hard top; 2004 Z06 Z16; 1962 327/300
Ok moron here....

Did they hide that sucker? The one I just bought is straigh, and I can not figure where that sucker goes.

WHere I thought it would go is on the passenger side valve cover. That is a 90* elbow, and no valve of any sort in it. It is a pass-through elbow.

I feel stupid for asking, but oh well.

;stupid

(and yes, I bought a service manual. It should be here next week)

Take a peek under the fuel rail cover on the drivers side....................

Thank you.

hmm

the pcv valve goes from the valve cover to the manafold under the fuel rail

PCV

I have a 93 6 speed. I have the same issue with the valve. One service manual calls for it going on the drivers side and the other on the passengers side. I pulled the fuel rail cover on the drivers side and did not see anything. On the passengers side I also have the elbow with the molded tube. What is this for then?
Thanks

I did find the PCV under the Driver's side fuel rail cover. It is actually on the intake manifold. There is about a 3" piece of hose that forms a "U." One side (forward one) fits in a rubber seat that allows the PCV valve to slide out. ok, I had to persuade mine a little.

5 minutes, tops...Piece of cake.

And they lived happily ever after

I just love a happy ending!:Silly

The hose on the right/pass side goes to the throttle body. The valve shud be located under the fuel rail/drivers side.
There is a preformed hose, u-shaped that is attached to the valve.

PCV

I found mine also. The interesting thing is that neither the Haynes nor Chilton's manuals indicate that this is where it is located.

I would still like to know what the molded hose on the passengers side is for. It does not fit well and the cover causes it to slide off the throttle body fitting a little. I need to replace this.

I believe thats where the crankcase gases go into the intake manifold.

I'd replace that Randy. Nothing better than a tight fit on your crankcase ventilation system.......I can't find the smilies? Whats happening?????????

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom