Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Peddel adjustment?

Bolisk

Corvette
1972 LS5 Convertible PS, PB, A/C
I'm a tall guy (6 foot 2) who bought a 1970 vette. . .hopefully no one is laughing. . .

At any rate. I feel like I fit in the car in evey way. . .except for one. Leg room when my feet or on the clutch and break peddels. When my feet are relaxed in the car. . .there is PLENTLY of room. But i have to bring my knees up to the steering wheel in order to get my feet on the peddels. The actual pedal travel distance it quite a bit. . .and I wonder if it can be adjusted so that the peddels are closer to the floor.

Yes, the seat is all the way back. :)

Regards,
-JR

I feel your pain.
I'm 6'2" and it feels like a tight fit. My hair touches the T-top liner.
Does your car have the tilt/telescoping steering wheel?
If not, i think it might be easier to get the tilt/tele than to re-mount the pedals.

With the wheel all the way up and all the way extended, I have about 1-inch of room between my knees and the steering wheel.

Good Luck!

I don't think you can change the peddels. It's just this way or no way. The brake pedal presses against a rod for the brake system. When you alter the brake pedal (angle etc etc) you will also change the way the car brakes, so that is something I would keep my hands off. One thing you could do (maybe) is look into a way to bolt your seat into a fixed position. Maybe you could get the sliding thing from under the seat and with some other brackets fix it to the floorpan. Could give you a little more space.

Groeten Peter

That's what I figured. Oh well. . .I guess I will just have to get used to driving with me knees in my chest. :)

Actually, headroom is good however. Also. . .haveing said that. . .I fit better in this C3 than I did in my friends '65 C2. :)

I'm 6'3 and feel your pain.I can't drive with the hardtop on and wear a hat.When i bought my car the spring on the clutch pedal was disconnected i assume to help with the problem your having.When i reconnected it it raised the pedal up a little making it a harder for my long leg to get to it.

When i bought my car the spring on the clutch pedal was disconnected i assume to help with the problem your having.When i reconnected it it raised the pedal up a little making it a harder for my long leg to get to it.

Disconnecting the clutch pedal return spring will also fry the throwout bearing. :eyerole

I feel your pain.
I'm 6'2" and it feels like a tight fit. My hair touches the T-top liner.
Does your car have the tilt/telescoping steering wheel?
If not, i think it might be easier to get the tilt/tele than to re-mount the pedals.

With the wheel all the way up and all the way extended, I have about 1-inch of room between my knees and the steering wheel.

Good Luck!

You still use the liners? I removed mine to get that little bit of head room.

It's arlight. "hair hitting the top" is a becoming less of a problem every year....

Oh well...

It's arlight. "hair hitting the top" is a becoming less of a problem every year....

Oh well...

I'm with ya on that one. I'm 6'2" also and even with an auto it's tight under the steering wheel. When I first get in the car I can feel the fuzz on the top of my head touch the headliner, but as I drive longer, the seat compresses a little giving me another inch.:_rock Art

I think that's why Chevy didn't worry about how hot the car gets inside. They know because of the head room that we have to drive without t tops anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom