Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Peer81...are you there? Question for you...and anyone else.

LannyL81

Corvette
81 White/Cinnabar, 96 CE LT4 sil/blk
I am in the process of re-assembling the car after painting and am ready to begin on the doors; the assembly manual calls-out an adhesive be applied to the area between the body and hinge shims and hinge.......what did you use when you rebuilt your car? Or if anyone else has a suggestion....please respond. Thanks.

Chances are,you won't be able to find this adhesive.
I wouldn't worry to much about it.I don't believe I used any at all when I put mine
back together 10 years ago.
I don't see why you cant use silicone if you wanted to....

Whoeps sorry didn't see this question!

I just taped the shims together and put everything in place, no adhesive or other stuff. Hope it helps (better late then never...)

Greetings Peter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

I cleaned and painted the hinges and shims....keeping them together as one side had two shims, other side had three shims. Anyways according to the responses I received on the Corvette Forum all I need to use is body seam sealer to keep water out of the interior. So I have purchased a tube of it...only need about 1/20 of the tube...but oh well....have the doors all mounted and aligned as best as they will go and will then remove one body hinge bolt, squirt in the seam sealer and then replace the bolt.....do this for all 16 bolts. I think I will apply a thin coat to the top edges of the hinge and shims as well.....perhaps this will keep water from getting between the shims.

Aligning the doors took some time....passenger side only about 5 minutes...driver's side was another story....probably 30 minutes.

Still putting the car back together...and still waiting for parts from the painter to be done. It has been 7 months now since I took the car and its parts to him....only have the body and doors. Oh well.....

Later,
Lanny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom