Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: performance tuners

money pit

Corvette
98 convertable pewter
so many choices whats the best tuner , do they realy work , are they worth the money your thoughts are appreciated.thank you

If you are asking about hand-held tuners, such as Diablo, Hypertech and so forth in the context of your 85, none of them support cars older than 1996.

98 corvette

sorry for the confusion i have a 98' now traded 85 .

They are just "okay" for a basically stock vehicle, but the most benefit is with automatic transmissions (firm up shifts, tweak upshift/downshift rpm, etc.).

I have a Diablosport Trinity on a stock 2009 C6....with the canned tune that comes Pre-loaded in the trinity, I gained:

- a bit more response on the low end
- a slightly more aggressive power band
- elimination of the skip-shift

Not a huge gain with a stick vehicle, but now I'm prepared as I add performance mods in the future.

Even stock though, you can gain alot more with a dyno tune

I have a Diablosport Trinity on a stock 2009 C6....with the canned tune that comes Pre-loaded in the trinity, I gained:

- a bit more response on the low end
- a slightly more aggressive power band
- elimination of the skip-shift

Not a huge gain with a stick vehicle, but now I'm prepared as I add performance mods in the future.

Even stock though, you can gain alot more with a dyno tune

so my question is are they worth the money? with a bit more , slightly more does not sound to impressive . thanks for your imput

For a little more cash you could buy HPtuners or EFIlive and gain more than you can with a handheld just playing with your tune. Then when you are ready for a dyno tune they could use your software ( cheaper for you ) and be able to look at see what all they change. And its fun learning the software ;) Thats the route i went anyhow.

Worth the money? Only if you plan on modding in the future, where you will need a custom tune. For the stock setup, it's not probably worth the money. Then again, it's relative to your personal money situation. I HATED the skip-shift! That alone almost makes it worth the money! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom