Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Performer RPM installed!

N

NappyRacer

Whats goin on guys from the help from you all I installed a edlebrock perfomer RPM and holley 650 cfm carb. Now i know most of you said a RPM couldnt be installed on a C3 but i used one of those really small air cleaner assemblys. Ill get picks up for you guys and girls ASAP!. Thanks

sounds great hope the air flow is not restreacted with that small filter or you will be defeating your purpose
By the way we like pics....................:cool

RPM, Holley w/ aftermarket drop base is no problem w/ med. rise 73-79 hood.
Looks like the Mr. Gasket filter. You can get a drop base for more filter area. Looks good.

:cool

I'd like to know how it runs too! I'd like to put a Performer Air Gap on after I install my fastburn 385.

I have an edelbrock dual plane intake with 3/4 inch spacer. Iused a cheap chrome drop base air cleaner and I have about 3/8 inch clearance to the hood, close but ok.
Scott

THis is depressing. I love the Air gap. See below from the Edlebrock site, the WILL NOT FIT UNDER STOCK CORVETTE HOOD is a killer

Performer Air-Gap (Idle-5500 RPM)
Designed for 1955-86 262-400 c.i.d. small-block Chevys, the Performer Air-Gap features the air-gap design for the ultimate street performance in the idle to 5500 rpm range. This design features an open air space that separates the runners from the hot engine oil resulting in a cooler, denser charge for more power. High-velocity runners deliver excellent throttle response throughout the power band. The great looks of the Performer Air-Gap along with the solid idle to 5500 rpm performance makes this an ideal choice for street rods and street machines. No provision for exhaust heated chokes or exhaust crossover. For spread-bore or square-bore carburetors without adapter. Will not fit under stock Corvette hood. Available with standard finish or polished

r1_addict said:
THis is depressing. I love the Air gap. See below from the Edlebrock site, the WILL NOT FIT UNDER STOCK CORVETTE HOOD is a killer

Performer Air-Gap (Idle-5500 RPM)
Designed for 1955-86 262-400 c.i.d. small-block Chevys, the Performer Air-Gap features the air-gap design for the ultimate street performance in the idle to 5500 rpm range. This design features an open air space that separates the runners from the hot engine oil resulting in a cooler, denser charge for more power. High-velocity runners deliver excellent throttle response throughout the power band. The great looks of the Performer Air-Gap along with the solid idle to 5500 rpm performance makes this an ideal choice for street rods and street machines. No provision for exhaust heated chokes or exhaust crossover. For spread-bore or square-bore carburetors without adapter. Will not fit under stock Corvette hood. Available with standard finish or polished

I know. That sux. I wonder if it will fit under an after market L88 type hood??

It should fit under the L88 hood with no problems. With the L88 hood, you will have about 3 1/2 more inches of headroom.

Besides, the L88 hood looks way cool!

Bill

If the Performer RPM will fit (albeit with a smaller-than-desirable air cleaner), then the Performer Air-Gap will certainly fit, with 0.4" more clearance.

Joe

Well guys, with all this talk about manifolds... I stopped by the perfomance shop on my way home last night anf picked up a Perfomer manifold (non EGR) and a performer #1406 carb with electric choke, along will all the install stuff. I will take many pics and post them.

I was close to gettting the cam and timing chain set too but I only have an L48, the question is how much do you want to spend on a base 190hp two bold main motor...

I will however pick up some headers while I am in there, might as well do it! I was thinking Hooker.....

r1_addict said:
I was close to gettting the cam and timing chain set too but I only have an L48, the question is how much do you want to spend on a base 190hp two bold main motor...

I will however pick up some headers while I am in there, might as well do it! I was thinking Hooker.....

r1:
Your 2-bolt L48 has a lotta potential ... even with its dished cast pistons & cast crank. The PRIMARY power limiting factor in 74 & back L48 is its wimpy cam. Assuming yours is a 73... it came with a pretty good flowing set of rams horn manifolds & duals. So (for now) ... I'd suggest getting a cam & timing set & a recurve kit for the distributor. The new intake & carb won't show too much improvement without another cam ... a new cam & recurve ignition WILL wake it up. Don't go over about .480" lift at valve and it'll go in without having to modify the heads or other stuff. Don't go over 230° duration at 0.050" lift and it'll still make plenty of vacuum (brakes, headamp actuators, streetability). Just my 2 cents ... but I'd do the cam before the headers. BTW, plenty of 2-bolts making 500 hp with no probs.
JACK:gap

Thanks for the imput! I guess I am just biased against the 2 bolt main, but I know it is a strong motor. Most guys I know with 5.0 mustangs are building 347 strokers with about 400hp with no issue...

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom