Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Photo Of My Z/28 In Las Vegas

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
Got a very nice 12" x 18" framed picture from Chevrolet yesterday of my '69 Z/28 (the green one on the right) on-stage with three other 69's and the '09 Camaro at the Chevrolet National Dealer Business Conference at the Venetian in Las Vegas last month. Chevy's show-car prep center here in the Detroit area gave it a nice detailing and hand-applied wax job (with my wax) before Reliable took it to Vegas, and it came back better than when it left. :)

CamaroVegas300K.jpg

:beer

Congrats on having your beautiful car chosen for the occaision. Looks terrific!

Take care,
Brian

John,

Your car has always reminded me of a guy who had a green (with white stripes) '68. We used to cruise side-by-side a lot back in '68-'69 and I have fond memories of the beautiful sound that Z-28 made cruising along in 2nd gear.

They were a class act when they were new, and they still are. :w

John
A great pic of a beautiful car! what an honor to have your car chosen for something like that also.
Congrats!

Congrats, I had a red one with black stripes 4:11's off road exhaust yery quick car one of many that got away.;) a buddy had a green one like yours. Those 302's could really scream.

Wow, John! This is the first time I heard of your 69 Camaro, and it is definitely a show piece.

Congratulations! :upthumbs

Besides the obvious body lines -what other reasons, that you know of, were other Camaro body styles left out of the picture? Just curious...;shrug

GerryLP:cool

Very nice, John! Couldn't have happened to a more worthy gearhead:upthumbs!

- Eric:w

I love the 302 powered Z/28's. I had a 68 Z/28 with RS package, M22 and 4:56 gears. I have had many cars in my time and that is the one I miss most. Great car John.

John,

Cool picture. Who did the other cars belong to?

john, beautiful poster as are all the beautiful camero's in it. You have every reason to be very proud. Do you ever drive it or is it kept tucked away in that beautiful garage of yours? Curious- when you said they waxed it with your wax-what brand is that?

Congratulations!!!

Wow, John! This is the first time I heard of your 69 Camaro, and it is definitely a show piece.

Congratulations! :upthumbs

Besides the obvious body lines -what other reasons, that you know of, were other Camaro body styles left out of the picture? Just curious...;shrug

GerryLP:cool

The 1st-generation Camaro (specifically, the '69) was the design inspiration at GM Styling for the new car, so that was Chevrolet's focus for selecting the cars to be shown with it.

The Pace Car on the left belongs to GM (part of their Heritage Collection), the red Z/28 next to it belongs to the owner of a Chevy dealership in Las Vegas, and the yellow RS/SS convertible belongs to a GM engineer that lives about five miles from me.

I drive it at least weekly (gotta love that screaming solid-lifter 302); I gave them a bottle of Meguiar's "Gold Class" liquid to use on it - that's what I use on all my cars - EZ on, EZ off, great gloss and depth, lasts a season. :)

Very nice car, JohnZ. :upthumbs

I have always been a big fan of the 1st gen Camaros. :)

I also like the Meguiar's Gold Class. I have used the paste, not the liquid, and was very pleased with the results. Their "Scratch X" does a good job, too.

Rick
:gap

Hi! John

Great Car! and it is from a great car guy; you have to be very happy that your car was chosen!

Congratulations!

Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom