Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

picking it up today 1973 vette

I would be careful with the tach cable. It may be disconected because the shaft gears are worn. If you grease it up it should go into the distributor with no problem. If it does not go in easily don't force it the teeth should mesh together with little effort no matter . It may not work of the shaft gear is worn but you will be able to tell that as soon as you hook it up.
is there supose to be a pice inbetween the cable and distributor or just the cable with i wire sticking out ..there is alock on the spare tire did it come with car or after market my key does not work with it but there is a 8 inch rally ..hopefully i will have some books at the end of the week or so thanks for the help

My 77 has the spare tire lock and is keyed the same as the door locks. Mine also has a rubber boot that slips over the lock to keep it clean from road debris.
Brian

is there supose to be a pice inbetween the cable and distributor or just the cable with i wire sticking out ..there is alock on the spare tire did it come with car or after market my key does not work with it but there is a 8 inch rally ..hopefully i will have some books at the end of the week or so thanks for the help
The end of the cable sticks into the distributer and the thumb nut screws on,just like the speedo cable screws on the Transmission!!

The spare lock should work with the round headed key,you may have to soak it a couple times with PB Blaster and work it a little,the tumblers in it are probly stuck from dirt and moisture!! The last time mine stuck it took a day or two to get it worked loose!!((Keep Soaking and working it easy,don't break it off in there!!))

:upthumbs

The end of the cable sticks into the distributer and the thumb nut screws on,just like the speedo cable screws on the Transmission!!

The spare lock should work with the round headed key,you may have to soak it a couple times with PB Blaster and work it a little,the tumblers in it are probly stuck from dirt and moisture!! The last time mine stuck it took a day or two to get it worked loose!!((Keep Soaking and working it easy,don't break it off in there!!))

:upthumbs
i only have 1 key fits ignition and doors any way to get one

i only have 1 key fits ignition and doors any way to get one
Humm,I've ran into this before,Let me do some research!!!Does your car have a lock on the compartments behind the seats?? If so does the Ignition, Door key fit that??;shrug

The spare lock should work with the round headed key,:upthumbs

:beer

As should the alarm switch. You might be able to get a locksmith to make a round key if you pull the alarm switch out and take it to him. Easy to do. Ignition and doors are keyed alike.

As should the alarm switch. You might be able to get a locksmith to make a round key if you pull the alarm switch out and take it to him. Easy to do. Ignition and doors are keyed alike.
Thats it!! I was drawing a Blank Kop!!!!!Probly that Hat I was wearing yesterday!!!!:boogie:upthumbs

i tryed it in alarm switch and it did not work i will ck with a locksmith,,,:beer great thinking

i tryed it in alarm switch and it did not work i will ck with a locksmith,,,:beer great thinking

Yeah, the square key won't work. Need the round one. :w

Alarm switch can be removed by removing the steel clip on the back side and removing the wires from the terminals after you pull it through.

Yeah, the square key won't work. Need the round one. :w

Alarm switch can be removed by removing the steel clip on the back side and removing the wires from the terminals after you pull it through.
on a good note it still has the jack with it

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom