Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Picks of the new shift boot.

soggytaco

Corvette
96 CE LT4
Here is my new boot the red stitching really sets off the interior. Especially with the red lettering on my seat. The flash really makes the interior look dirty. plus I just got a new used shift plate the old one was cracked. I dont know if I like it though it has a mark on it and doesnt match perfectly.
DSCN1069.jpg
DSCN1066.jpg
DSCN1065.jpg

Lookin' good man! :D

GuyzVette said:
Did you change gearboxes, or did you just do away with the reverse lockout?

I never had a reverse lockout on my car. I dont think any lt4s have them. Do they?
Nice sound what do you have Corsa Exh?

JEFNLSA said:
Lookin' good man! :D

Jeff,

I think this is the last mod you need for your "Beast", it would really set off your interior if you get the red stitching. Also have you gone back to the Dyno? And what happened to your high idle problem?

Seeya Adam

shifter boot

Soggy:Who makes that boot,and where can I buy one?:w

Technically, there is no mechanism one has to touch in order to shift into reverse. Realistically, one does have to MOVE the shifter past the 5-6 gate with more pressure in order to shift into reverse.

I hope this explains how the shifter works.

Save The Wave! :w

Nice tie-in to the Grand Sport lettering on the seats.

B17Crew
:w

soggytaco said:
I never had a reverse lockout on my car. I dont think any lt4s have them. Do they?
Nice sound what do you have Corsa Exh?

The reverse lockout collar (you must lift the black ring on the shifter to allow access to reverse) was dropped starting with the 1995 models.

B17Crew
:w

shifter boot

soggytaco said:
I sent PM
Dude,You Rock!:_rock I ordered one about 2 seconds ago,its on its way.Thank you very much!:beer

Finish it

You gotta finish off the stitching all the way up the shift knob now. That would really set it off.

My $0.02

Jim S.

91 Black Convertible said:
You gotta finish off the stitching all the way up the shift knob now. That would really set it off.

My $0.02

Jim S.
:_rock I agree I just need to find one.

soggytaco said:
Jeff,

I think this is the last mod you need for your "Beast", it would really set off your interior if you get the red stitching. Also have you gone back to the Dyno? And what happened to your high idle problem?

Seeya Adam

Adam,

As much as I like it, my current boot is pristine. Plus I have a black Hurst knob w/ white lettering so it looks good as is. Haven't been back to the dyno yet but another guy (friend) w/ a modded LT1 (who also had low #'s on dyno day) went to another dyno and got 12 more rwhp so I'm sure to see about the same... Also, did a pretty thorough cleaning of my gummed up throttle body and the idle seems OK now.

Cya man,
Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom