Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pics- almost done with my resto-mod

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
What a saga this has been!!!

It is the end of August and I've finally got the Vette where I want it (for now). I've changed the direction a bit and decided to go with more subtlety and decided to focus on bringing late-model drive train technology to the 27 year old car.

I really LOVE side pipes. I decided to use a set of 69 style pipes and black painted covers to more closely match the OEM rocker panels. I really wanted the best of both world- OEM rockers but side exhaust pipes.

I decided to go back with the OEM seats. The interior is mostly original. The only non-original parts are the stereo, seat covers, carpet, and rear compartment doors.

As for the rest of the exterior, I've lowered the rear end with longer spring bolts to compensate for the more progressive than OEM spring. It has taken a lot of tweaking but I finally have the stance the way I want it.

I'm posting these on photobucket. Below is the link-
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/Johnny-s_Shark/

DSCF0268.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0265.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0260.jpg

Nice work on the install. I am going to be trying an LS install this winter. Hope it turns out as nicely as yours.

looking good darkshark :upthumbs:upthumbs
ps there is nothing I like better then a hot rodded Vette; modern drivetrain, classic looks.

Looking very good....very good indeed:upthumbs

Thru the saga, you have gained knowledge and friends....you scored! :w

~Chas

****Looking great ****

Keep up the good work !!!!!

It's a friend of mine that painted both the 81 and the 74 vert. He taers it all the way down , paints and we put her back together. I help with the whole process as much as possible. $2,500.00 and i by the paint. Dave :w
CORVETTEORANGE6-14-07JUSTGOTBACK001.jpg

ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVETTE.jpg

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

I love the color combo. Wish mine was that far along. Might I ask why you did not go with the chrome side exhaust?

Paint job

How much of a job was it to strip the 81 down? I have some expirience with metal but not glass. By the way the 74 looks sweet also. Tom

It's a friend of mine that painted both the 81 and the 74 vert. He taers it all the way down , paints and we put her back together. I help with the whole process as much as possible. $2,500.00 and i by the paint. Dave :w
CORVETTEORANGE6-14-07JUSTGOTBACK001.jpg

ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVETTE.jpg

How much of a job was it to strip down the 81? Is it something a back yard machanic can do? I have some metal expirience but not glass. The 74 looks sweet also.

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

I love the color combo. Wish mine was that far along. Might I ask why you did not go with the chrome side exhaust?

I wanted the subtlety of the factory rockers (black) but the sound and look of side pipes. I played around with some images of side pipes and decided that with the wheels, it would have been too much chrome. I am staying as far away from "aftermarket disease" as possible.
:L

Believe it or not, but that is the paint that was on her when I drug her out of the barn last December! She has a few blemishes here and there, but the finish is remarkably good given the fact I bought the car for 7K and she was a 44k mile mechanically original, number matching, 1 repaint car car.

How much of a job was it to strip the 81? Is it something a back yard machanic can do? I have some expirience with metal but not glass. By the way the 74 looks sweet also.

Sorry last quote was for Nobody Cares. still learning how to use this bbc.

Sweet ride DarkShark!!!

Ya gonna take her to the Dragon?

Hecox

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom