Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pics of New Paint Job, 17" Chrome Wheels on the way

Derrick

Corvette
1975 Coupe
Before & After Pics of New Paint Job with 17" Chrome Cragars

This is a picture of my 75 before...
767648_1.jpg
767648_2.jpg

Here are some after pics...
767648_7.jpg
767648_4.jpg

767648_6.jpg

So far I have a Holley dominator intake, Holly street avenger 670cfm carb, edelbrok pro flow triangular air filter, true duals with flowmaster super 40s, new Gymkhana rear suspension, and new leather seats.

If the pics don't show up, check out the link below.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/767648

Those are some hot red x's

now can you guys see the pics?

Yeah!

I sure can and that red looks great! That really pops! Especially when you look at the "old". What is the official name of the color and brand of paint?

Did you remove the little key switch over the word "Stingray" for the alarm system? Or did it never have one? Or am I thinking wrong year? :confused

It looks good. Nice job on that paint. :)

Rick

Willis76 said:
OK now tell us the tire size and wheel name & size - also, any spacers used?
:w

17x8 inch wheels with a +15 offset, I used 1" spacers in the back and they barely clear the emergency break cable. I didn't use any spacers up front and I have about 1/16" clearance. I'm thinking about putting some spacers up front just to be on the safe side. As far as tires go, 255s up front and 275s in back. 275s will fit up front if anyone is wondering. I went with BfGoodrich G-Force.

By the way, the spacers are made of aluminum and have their own studs.

Derrick said:
:mad I think there is a problem with yahoo's photo site. Try this link:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/767648

Let me know what you guys think.:_rock

Ok, great, I can view the pics on the link you provided. What a transformation. Your Vette looks great. To Echo RodsnRides question, did you remove the alarm key switch? I've been going back and forth over removing mine since it does not work and I'm not quite sure I am going to fix it. The only reason I would consider leaving it, is to keep the stock look.

Dave Z said:
...did you remove the alarm key switch? I've been going back and forth over removing mine since it does not work and I'm not quite sure I am going to fix it. The only reason I would consider leaving it, is to keep the stock look.

My car wasn't equiped with the original factory alarm key switch. I think I would probably go ahead and remove the switch if it was. I think the car looks a little more smooth / clean without it.

By the way, I had an aftermarket viper alarm system installed in the car a couple weeks ago, which works great.

VERY nice! I love those cragers.

Handling Q's

Derrick,

How has the new tire/wheel upgrade affected the handling? Can you give us a comparison from before to after the swap on the overall effects? Is it more or less "darty" on slightly rutted roads? Would you do the upgrade again? Are you Liking it so far?

I'm thinking of going that route eventually with some Fiske 17" profil 5 wheels if I can afford them. Haven't priced 'em yet.

Your car looks really great BTW !!

thanks

Testing Derricks photo's ;)
Before:
767648_1.jpg

After:
767648_6.jpg

Derrick the secret is to go to your website and right click on the photo you want to show here, then copy the url then img it here .. If I can help PM me ;)
Bud

lone73 said:
Derrick,

How has the new tire/wheel upgrade affected the handling? Can you give us a comparison from before to after the swap on the overall effects? Is it more or less "darty" on slightly rutted roads? Would you do the upgrade again? Are you Liking it so far?....

The car does feel noticeably more darty. This makes for an interesting drive on the interstate during heavy traffic. I really have to pay attention when driving now. I think my front end is out of alignment, so the wider tires might be making this more apparent as well. The ride is a little more rough, but nothing major. I would do the upgrade in a heartbeat. I've received more complements on the car in the past 2 days than I have in the past month. Overall I'm very pleased with the upgrade and recommend it to everyone.

tires

What tires were you using before the swap? I have 255-60 Dunlops on now and mine is pretty "darty". Suspension appears to be tight too.

thanks

That is a nice looking vette.. awesome paint and wheels!
-=Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom