Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PKE Function???

Zo6 LVR

Corvette
2002 Electron Blue Coupe
I have a 1995 coupe. I have a question with the PKE function for anyone familiar with it's operation. When I hold the door button on the transmitter for 2-3 seconds the door locks cycle just like they should and either turn on or off the passive function. Anyone who has the system know what a pain it can be when working around your car, so I just turn it off during those times. My question is, when the passive function is off should the remote work as any other keyless entry by pushing the door button to lock and unlock the doors. Mine does not, if the passive lock function is off I cannot lock the doors by pushing the door button once. I have to hold for 2-3 seconds and turn on the passive function to get the doors to lock, and then they only do as it should when you walk away from the car.
Can onyone shed some light as to this being normal or if not what might be at fault for the remote not working when the passive function is off.

Don't know why it works like it does but mine works the same way. Once it's turned off by cycling the locks...it's off. Have to re-cycle the locks again to turn it on. The remote only will open the rear deck window in the "off" position.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom