Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PKE module location

sinestr said:
Hi all , how do you get to the PKE module?

It's located behind the DIC & under the Chime module. You'll probably have to remove the upper trim panel to access?

Been there, done that. The unit lives behind the radio/heat controls, under the dash pad. The dash has to be removed - be careful to get ALL the fasteners out before you tug on it or else you'll break the mounting points and end up with a loose, squeaky dash. Took me an entire weekend (working slowly and carefully) to replace the receiver.

You can do this job in a few hours, the key get all of the screws from the dash:

Take all the air vents off the front of the dash, the fuse cover area on the right hand side, the screws behind the air vents that actually hold the dash in place behind all the vents you removed and the screws behind the center vent near the windshield itself.

The dash should gentle pull evenly away from the resting place, if not, you're missing something.

When you get ready to work on the trim pad let me know. I can send a scan for a 95 that shud help you along.

Thanks for all the info. I will soon try this from your info.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom