Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PKE wiring

Andries

Corvette
1994 Dark red coupe
Hi, does somebody have a wiring diagram for the PKE system? I've got a '94 export model with all the updates from '93, that is new interior, passenger airbag, uprated gearbox, etc. That is everything except PKE. It's got the light in the DIC(with a bulb in), but no fuse or contact in number 26 fuse. I want to see which wires and components are in the car, then decide if it is worth it to install the rest. I know it is suppose to have a PKE module behind the DIC made by Lectron, and a PKE aerial in the door? I'm hoping I just need to install a wire from the fusebox number 26 fuse to the PKE module, might be a bit optimistic.
Any help would be appreciated. On my previous '86 i've installed a aftermarket system, but would prefer the original system in my '94. I'm living in the UK.
I also see the '93 and '94 PKE module got different part numbers, wonder why that would be, because I do not know of any differences?
One good thing about Export models, wheel arches on all 4 wheels, that is grand sport ones on the back and front with matching fenders. Just fitted C5 Z06 wheels, looks great.
Thanks
Andries

My fault, I just realised the interior updates and passenger airbag was in '94, that must be why '94 got a different type of PKE module. I will have to look at '94 to '96 PKE modules then.

I have the schematics for 95. If you would like them PM me your e-mail.

I bought my 93 in the UK, had it serviced in Kent before (quite a drive from my home in ireland!) would you post some pics of your 94? I'd like to see the Z06 wheels on a C4, am thinking of upgrading to a C5 braking system and would probably have to fit larger wheels to do so.

If the fuse is gone, probably because the receiver is bad. When the receiver goes bad, it sets the PKE light and most people just pull the fuse or light or both, which is what happened in my case.
I have the 93 schematics and diagnosing steps, send me an email at whtevette@aol.com and I will scan and send them to you.

IMG00164-20091228-1658.jpg

This is not a very good photo, but I'm still working on the front end, hood needs repainting, all the lights are removed and the front wheel arches needs attaching to the new bumper. Also it is too cold outside to take photos :)
I unfortunately discovered The car does not have a PKE module, the Lectron Chime is bolted to the plastic behind the DIC panel, there is no other module in site. I guess it must be using the same door locking system as the pre '93 cars. I have no idea why GM would put all the '94 changes on the export model, but not PKE, which was a '93 feature?
I will take more photos when the car is finished and painted.

The PKE receiver is under the dashpad, you will not see it behind the DIC.
The only way to get to it, is to remove the dash.

I thought you can get to it through the small hole behind the DIC? I also thought the Chime is velcroed to the PKE receiver, which is why I thought I do not have one since the Chime in mine is bolted to the black plastic behind DIC. Maybe it is different between '93 and '94 models, can somebody maybe chime in? I've heard the PKE modules are different, because the newer ones does the run flat tires also?
The number 40 fuse does not have contact metal in the one leg, so even if I do put a fuse in it will be useless. It looks like it came out of the factory like that. The left hand side have a contact in and get 12v with ignition on. I've also tried the ignition on, trip odo twice then fuel info, or whatever. Did not get a PKE light, and the bulb in the PKE holder is good. (I've checked all the DIC bulbs)
Looks like I will have to go with a aftermarket unit. I hate aftermarket parts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom