Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Plastic trim

travelermd

Corvette
1999 Corvette Coupe [ Pewter] 270,000 miles on ODO
Hello My name is joe from dallas texas
I have a 1999 pewter C-5 coupe with 271,000 original miles. It is my daily driver. In general it has been very dependable. However, I have replaced almost every plastic part on the interior at least once. In fact. I have replaced the driver side seat control bezel about four times. However, this last time, i tried to really improve on the factory. I purchased a new one and placed a small piece of steel stock from Hobby Lobby into the peg on the side of the bezel and glued it in place with JB weld. Then, I completely covered the back side of the bezel with black Marine Tex boat epoxy putty . I got that idea from one of the guys at Hobby Lobby. So far it seems to be holding up. If this doesn't work , I have no other reasonable solutions. Before doing this, I spoke to a Hot Rod shop owner who said that he could fabricate a bezel out of aluminum for about 600 dollars. I told him that I am a car nut , but I just couldn't do that
I Hope this works and maybe is helpful to someone else with the same problem
joe b

Last edited:

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Welcome to CAC! :w Thanks for sharing your tip. I hope it works well for you. How many of those 270k miles have you put on? Did you buy it new or used? That's quite a few miles on a C5. :BOW

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom