Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Played Hookey Yesterday

4WDVETTE

Corvette
1966 Coupe
Woke up yesterday and figured that since I had to get gas in the 66, might as well take the day off and cruise. Drove to Long Beach Island (Surf City), checked on the beach house had some lunch and drove back. Great day cruising through the Jersey pinelands with the big block and sidepipes screaming off the trees. Its been 20 years since I last drove it any distance to just enjoy. Oh yeah - we don't need no stinkin' radio!

Only a couple small problems cropped up. Ran a little warm - outside temp was almost 90 though. Gotta get the steering box rebuilt. Also, drove through one of those speed signs that tell you how fast you are going. My speedometer was registering 60 but, I was only doing 41. When I got home I pulled out the speedometer drive gear in the trans and ordered up the right one so I will be at least close.

Great Day! Bonnie (wife) wasn't thrilled since she wanted to go but, had to be at work. Beach house this weekend with the Yukon but, come to think of it, I might be feeling a little ill on Tuesday - what do you think!?!

DRIVE EM!

Steve

Pinelands

Glad you had a great day. I have not been through that part of Jersey in 30 years. Everytime I think of the Pinelands, I think of the Sopranos when Paulie and Chris tried to kill the Russian. Both of them spent a cold winters night in an abandon van. I know this has nothing to do with vettes, but I think of it when someone mentions the Pinelands. Jerry

My speedometer was registering 60 but, I was only doing 41.

Too funney you must of looked like one of the old gray haired folks we here so often about doing 40 in the fast lane with there blinker on

You were probably wondering why it was taking so long to get there

Hey IH2lose - I am that grey haired guy! I just got the new speedometer drive gear in so I will change it out today and try it out. Unfortunately I blew out a tire on my Trans Am so I will be playing with that today - I will see just how good the 'all road hazzard guarantee' really is.

John - couple more items to go, then off to a show or two. Thanks for the encouragement.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom