Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PLEASE Don't Tell me! Need Extreme Help!

Lol tell ya what I'll just replace the starter (Why not its free) and we'll see that way. I don't like pushing my investments off a cliff quite yet LOL

But I see what your getting at after reading your guy's posts and having second and trpile looks at it Im VERY convinced starters the problem...

Last year when I did the big fluid overhaul I had to go downstairs to show the boys that I take 2 tranny fluids (you got it right Im 4+3) while down there I noticed my dust shield was bent and in order to take it off, off comes the starter (Which we did)

Now of course we cleaned it up while it was out but HOLY MAN I must have pulled 4 clutchs in dust out of the casing of the starter and now that I have a problem I get to thinking that Im suprized I didnt have a problem sooner. ( by dust I mean COOKIES! there was COOKIES in my starter LOL I had to bang the starter to clear it all up)

So even if it isn't it I'll replace the starter now that Ive reminded myself from the events from last year. If its not the problem hey I got a new starter anyway and the diagnosis will ne narrowed greatly.

Truthfully I just remebered this just now and I betcha pinks that thats the smell! (Oil/clutch dust/Lithium grease/among what everelse get picked up down there from the road)

Just did'nt smell like any of the above all by there selves perhaps its a combination of elements that get lit of fire

It's easy and there's no risk. Just stop it on a hill, leave it in gear, turn the ignition on, let it roll and once it gets going engage the clutch.

I used to do it while backing my car down the driveway after the battery went dead.

It's not like an automatic that's got to get pushed to 30mph, it barely has to be moving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom