Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please Review ....

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
We see many Registrations at our Registry that leave the Ext. Color and Interior information blank or say it's "Non-Stock"

The Registry makes every attempt to document your car as it left St. Louis or Bowling Green. The present color may or may not be the original color, same as the interior.

Data collected is only as meaniful and acurate as the information we receive. In building a Data Base that can be used to help "historically document" the 1981 Corvette we need the information to be as factual and documentable as possible. The TRIM TAG provides the original and very documentable information about our cars.

A couple of years ago our Webmaster (gedmeyer) revamped our entire site and designed our current format for registration. When you registered you assigned yourself a logon and password. You can use this to go in and edit the information and help us make it more meaningful... SO if you said your car is "Non-Stock" please check your TRIM TAG and update your car's information.

Those that have registered as having the ONE AND ONLY Code 24 Built 1981 without further proof, e.g. Documents/Photo of TRIM TAG I will be going through these and changing them to nothing for color codes.

Thanks for you attention. Hopefully this will help correct some data and complete more of it accurately.

Bud
.. and ..
Tim

Hey Bud,

One other thing I noticed, and you may remember this, is that the St Louis ext color code (28) was inadvertently left off the selection list until I went to register mine a little over two years ago. Therefore there are several St Louis cars that have the BG color code (38) for Dark Blue Metallic. I haven't looked to see if any other colors are affected.
Thanks for what you do!

:upthumbs Thanks Mike ;)

Yep I do remember that... oops :D

I should also mention, Old Time members such as yourself :D might not have a password. As I recall the password came after we got the data base up and running (or after Tim got it up and running :) ) so if some of you don't have a password let me or Tim know and we'll see what we can do to correct that :w

Also I maintain "Hard Copies" of ALL registration. I have them filed by S/N so if you don't remember your password or logon, send me a PM or and Email and I'll look up your information and get it back to you. All I need is the last 6 digits of your VIN ...

Bud

password

I don't have the password for my registered 81. I wanted to add a photo.

-Paul

:upthumbs Thanks Mike ;)

Yep I do remember that... oops :D

I should also mention, Old Time members such as yourslef :D might not have a password. As I recall the password came after we got the data base up and running (or after Tim got it up and running :) ) so if some of you don't have a password let me or Tim know and we'll see what we can do to correct that :w

Also I maintain "Hard Copies" of ALL registration. I have them filed by S/N so if you don't remember your password or logon, sent me a PM or and Email and I'll look up your information and get it back to you. All I need is the last 6 digits of your VIN ...

Bud

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom