Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please woman, fall in love...

M

MichelP

Here's the story.
My wife is Mustang maniac, so a few years back we got a 95 GT that one of my friend was selling because he didn't have enough room for the family. Car was mint and still is. We could'nt afford a new one but this one was too nice to pass.
But she dreams of a "new" Cobra or Shelby ever since she saw the new Shelby model. Cant blame her because it is a nice ride.
Later on when we builted our house and moved, I could finaly have a garage so I bought the C3. A 72 coupe, I have right now. Cant complain, that's what I wanted. I love my car and I'm having fun rebuilding it.
Now this weekend, a friend of mine came home to show me his latest toy. His dream was to get a Corvette and he found this 2002 red convertible. It's in mint condition and it' a stunning car.
Man If she could only come to her senses and fall for that C5 I'd be in heaven....
Had to get this out of my system. Feel better now.

I'd keep the '72. I hope you do to.

IMO, comparing the '72 to the '02 is kinda like driving Rita Hayworth out to dinner and wine versus dirty dancing with Jessica Alba. Classically beautiful nostalgia versus young ephemeral excitement.

Oh getting rid of the 72 didn't even crossed my mind for a second. I love that car and I'm rebuilding it the way I want it. Been planning for a long time about this one I'm not letting it go.
I just have this thing about following your dreams and she dreams about having a Shelby or a Cobra. Go for it girl, but her falling for a C5 would make me happy real happy.
Just a tought.

Same deal here, MicheleP.

My wife likes 'stangs, but lately I thought I'd distract her with the new Challenger. The trick worked, but now she's mesmerized with the Challenger. She even has it on her desktop. Granted, I have not tried very hard. I also have the new Challenger on my desktop as well.

GerryLP:cool

shoot, at least she's interested in nic cars. I'd happy with that. Just think, she could be yearning for a minivan!

IMO, comparing the '72 to the '02 is kinda like driving Rita Hayworth out to dinner and wine versus dirty dancing with Jessica Alba. Classically beautiful nostalgia versus young ephemeral excitement.
I didn't get the impression MP was comparing/considering a swap. Nevertheless, I really like your comparison ... well put!

Apparently, you qualify to be CAC's in-house philosopher....;LOL

GerryLP:cool

Well said.

Get her behind the wheel of the C5 for a day or so if possible. Then let nature take it's course. More than likely she will fall in love but if she doesn't at least you tried.

My daughter in law was real hot for the new Mustang GT until she drove one. I don't know what she was expecting but she didn't like the car at all. You never know how a car is going to fit until you try it on.

Tom

Get her behind the wheel of the C5 for a day or so if possible. Then let nature take it's course. More than likely she will fall in love but if she doesn't at least you tried.

My daughter in law was real hot for the new Mustang GT until she drove one. I don't know what she was expecting but she didn't like the car at all. You never know how a car is going to fit until you try it on.

Tom

I absolutely agree. MicheleP, has your wife driven a C5, and I mean taken it for a long drive?? That's what you have to do! Get her in one, let her tool around in it for a day, and there could be a C5 in your garage very soon!;)

Elaine

My Wife was upset when I brought home the C5 so I threw her the keys and ten minutes later she was hooked. ;)

My wife also has 0 interest in cars. At least she drives a car (00 Lumina) and not a minivan.

I think it would be cool if she was interested in performance cars. (And I should not be complaining because I have all the toys I can store - Vette, Trans Am, Camaro, not to mention an extra garage)

I agree with the others though. If she likes the Mustang she might like the C5 better, seeing as how it would perform better. So somehow you need to borrow that friends Vette and have her drive it - maybe you will get luckier than you already are.

My wife also has 0 interest in cars. At least she drives a car (00 Lumina) and not a minivan.

I think it would be cool if she was interested in performance cars...

How is this for a reply regarding interest. My wife drives a 97 Celica, I got behind the drivers seat one day and looked at the outside mirrors. I then had to ask, "How do you see out of these?" her reply was, "Oh I never use those."

So I guess her reply would fall somewhere along the lines of increasing one's "Pucker Factor or Cringe Factor."

Thanks for the reply guys.
Got to tell you I actualy dont mind her being crazy about the Stangs. I'm sure that we all know what she's feeling and can relate to the hotrod bug that bit her. She loves and sherrish her GT. At least it 's a perfomance car and it creates a little competition between us.
Little story, Lately she was joking about having a lot of Corvette documentation all over the place.
"All we see is corvette magazines and books and pictures of C3's all over the place! What about Mustangs magazines?" I told her it was for her that the magazines and pics were there. Since I'm rebuilding and the car is pretty much all over the garage so I made sure she got some picture of C3's in all angles. Because when the car will be on the road, she'll get to see pretty much only the rear end of it!
Another thing, last summer we went to Vegas and GM had a attraction where you could play with a brand new C6.
I posted and pics about it
http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87044&highlight=vegas

Of course I had to get there and try one. I draged her too into trying one. A C6 6 spd around a track.
She came back and said," It's a bigger car than the Mustang but it's not bad at all!" Nothing else.
But the smile on her face said hell of a lot more.
That morning
Vette 1
Stang 0
Patience will prevail LOL

Same problem my wife wanted a zinc yellow mustang convertible, guess what she got it, we also have a 68 mustang, the way I look at it I have the best of both worlds a vette and mustang mytoy

Got that right!
Besides it more fun to create a bit of a challenge between you and your wife.

I bought my wife a 99 C5 Coupe with only 30K miles and surprised her with it for her birthday. You would not imagine the response from other women that wish someone would buy them a Vette. Just get one and surprise her. She would forget about that 3900lb. Shelby, although it does looks sharp. You would save $20K in the process. C5's look sharp too, as you know.

Hummm I already surprised her with a new Harley 2 years ago, she was riding with me all the time and she kept saying that she would love to ride herself but kept stalling taking a course. With the bike home she didn't have a choice.
And youre right... It worked she loves it and wouldn't let go her bike for anything.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom