Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Plug hole?

9340Ruby

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red Convertible
I don't have a pic for now, but I noticed underneath my 1993 that the rear storage box on the passenger side has a nice, appears to be, factory hole that most likely had a plug in it at some time. Anyone else aware of this and if so does anyone have one that I could purchase or know where to purchase?

Thanks alot,

Brian

I don't have a pic for now, but I noticed underneath my 1993 that the rear storage box on the passenger side has a nice, appears to be, factory hole that most likely had a plug in it at some time. Anyone else aware of this and if so does anyone have one that I could purchase or know where to purchase?

Thanks alot,

Brian
Yes there is a plug that belongs in that hole. It is black plastic, the one on my car has the name of "cap plug" embossed on the inside. and there is a size printed on it can't make it out though, looks like 1 inch. I'll check for sure and let you know.
You should check an autobody shop or supply house they may have them.
If you can't find one I may have a few floating around the shop. Let me know.

tcxd40

Thanks alot. I have searched for the part but could not find it. If you have one or know where to buy, please let me know or pm me. Again, thanks for the response.

Brian

I am gonna guess that you pulled the removable storage compartment and liner out to see if it is floating around inside the compartment?

tcxd40

I am gonna guess that you pulled the removable storage compartment and jack out to see if it is floating around inside the compartment?

tcxd40

No, I noticed this while it was on my lift at home. I am not sure about the compartment holding the jack. That is stored with the spare tire. What do you mean by that?

No, I noticed this while it was on my lift at home. I am not sure about the compartment holding the jack. That is stored with the spare tire. What do you mean by that?

I corrected myself on the jack, I as thinking of my '81. There is only the plastic tray and felt type liner.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom