Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poll: Who Did You Buy Your current C3 From?

Where Did you Get Your Current C3 From?

• Took NEW delivery at Chevy Dealer (anybody?)

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Local car dealer

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Out of town dealer

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Local classified ad--from individual

Votes: 113 28.8%
  • EBAY

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • From Friend/Relative/Neighbor

Votes: 74 18.9%
  • Spotted it for sale on the side of the road

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • I'm lucky, somebody just gave me mine

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
two but different

I bought my '72 thru Craigs list from a mechanic in Independence. He had her for 19 years and had babied her no rain, garage kept, rebuilt engine, trans etc...

BOUGHT OUR 82CE FROM A BROKER WHO WAS DRIVING IT ONTO A CAR DEALER'S LOT....INTERCEPTED HIM AND STRUCK UP A GREAT DEAL. PREVIOUS OWNER WAS GOING THRU A MESSY DIVORCE, WIFE TOOK HIS BUSINESS, HIS HOUSE, HIS MONEY, BUT HE WAS SMART HE HID THE CAR IN A WAREHOUSE FOR OVER 3 YEARS, BUT SHE FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH HIM, SO HE SOLD IT TO A BROKER......AND HERE THE BABY HAS BEEN ALL MINE FOR THE PAST 19 YEARS.....WE MET THE POOR GUY JUST AFTER WE BOUGHT IT AND HE TOLD US HIS SAD STORY, HE ALMOST CRIED WHEN HE SAW THE CAR, NOW IN ALL FAIRNESS, WE ALL KNOW
"GIRLS RULE, AND BOYS DROOL":chuckle BUT I STILL FEEL SORRY FOR THE GUY, HIS WIFE SHOULDNA' DONE HIM THAT WRONG..........BUT THEN AGAIN I GUESS I WOULDN'T HAVE ENDED UP BEING A HAPPY GAL.
WHAT IS MEANT TO BE WILL BE............A HAPPY EVER AFTER ENDING!:dance

82 CE's are awsome!

82 CE's are awsome!

Thanks so much Achilles, I think so too, but then again I just might be a little bit bias:chuckle........but to be perfectly honest I love all Vettes, big or small!:thumb
Cheers
Vette Gal

We checked lots of places; local ads, Ebay, etc. and found my1979 coupe on Craig's list about 90 miles away in eastern Iowa. Original paint and interior, 58,000 miles. Bought it from the third owner who drove it 12,000 miles in the last 14 years; 200 miles in the last couple years. Needs some repairs and some TLC because the prior owner didn't know a T-top from a steering wheel. It was well cared for, but not to the level of detailing I expect. We bought it for much less than what we believe it is worth, even in our current soft market. It's our first vette and quite an experience. Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom